• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3 Impressed!

Majicmarkr

So I picked up a Mako3 the other night and played about 15 holes today over lunch with just that one disc. This thing is amazing. Dead straight, beautiful hyzers and anhyzer all the way to the ground. It flies the way you throw it. I started to try not to like this disc because it could take the place of most all my other mids. The anhyzers are smoother and more predictable than my stingray or roadrunner, and the hyzers are more predicable than my roc and harp. I think this is because it stays on the line you release it on instead of relying on hyzerflips or hoping the roc fades at the right time.
I don't think it would actually replace too much in my bag. I don't think it could pull off long hyzers and anhyzers with a low ceiling. Another issue that concerns me about this disc is training my brain to throw directly at the target instead of slightly to the right to account for fade of my other mids. Anyway I was extremely impressed with the Mako3. Perfect disc for one disc rounds.

I'll have to give this a toss. Found a brand new champion Mako 3 in a lake. Seems like it'd be stable - slightly understable just looking at it.

I used to have one. It seemed a bit over stable for what it was.
I had Max weight, might've liked a 170

So I picked up a Mako3 the other night and played about 15 holes today over lunch with just that one disc. This thing is amazing. Dead straight, beautiful hyzers and anhyzer all the way to the ground. It flies the way you throw it. I started to try not to like this disc because it could take the place of most all my other mids. The anhyzers are smoother and more predictable than my stingray or roadrunner, and the hyzers are more predicable than my roc and harp. I think this is because it stays on the line you release it on instead of relying on hyzerflips or hoping the roc fades at the right time.
I don't think it would actually replace too much in my bag. I don't think it could pull off long hyzers and anhyzers with a low ceiling. Another issue that concerns me about this disc is training my brain to throw directly at the target instead of slightly to the right to account for fade of my other mids. Anyway I was extremely impressed with the Mako3. Perfect disc for one disc rounds.

And that's why it's in Paul McBeth's bag.

And I agree that it's great for one-disc rounds. IMHO the very best for that purpose. :popcorn:

I have a mako3 in a g star plastic it's definitely not true to its numbers of a 0/0. It likes to turn a little then at the end fade a bit. I want to get it in champion or star plastic and see if the flight will stay true to its numbers.

I have 2 in star plastic and love it!! One is 175 and one is 167. The 175 is definitely my favorite disc at the moment.

I have a mako3 in a g star plastic it's definitely not true to its numbers of a 0/0. It likes to turn a little then at the end fade a bit. I want to get it in champion or star plastic and see if the flight will stay true to its numbers.

Flight numbers aren't always totally accurate. The 0,0 turn and fade would suggest the Mako3 flies dead straight and lands dead straight, but if anything the Mako3 is stable-to-understable. McBeth throws turnover/anny shots with it. My noodle arm throws it with that -1,1 turn/fade that you've been getting.

Latest posts