• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Man dies while playing disc golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
3:20am is late even for glow golf. Stupid power lines

What was he doing in the park at 3:20 AM?! Gotta be sleeping at that time! That would be a terrible way to go. I hope that the friend ends up okay.

Damn, what a chitty way to go.

Either it was a post-closing time round of glow, or maybe the guy works second shift and doesn't get out of work until midnight or something. Not everyone is a 9-5er...3am is like 8pm to some people.

Then again, this is a park where a big tournament is going on this weekend, so maybe the guy really wanted to get a round in and 3am was the only time he figured the course wouldn't be clogged up with tournament players. Obviously, not a smart decision on this guy's part.

Obviously, not a smart decision on this guy's part.

A glow round's a glow round. What does it matter if was 9 PM or 3 AM?

Downed power lines are bad news, period. And he had the horrible misfortune to get tangled up in one.

RIP.

Apart from the horrible end, at least he want out playing disc golf!

I was at rosey when the weather got crazy, i have a short video of the fire and powerline. Illtry and upload later. That front that rolled in was no joke, snappin tree limbs and obviously knocked down the line.

The city was called immediately to come fix it, the neglected to do that, theyre liable imo. Nothin will happen tho because im sure the park is closed at that hour so they shouldnt have been there. Sucks either way

Curious that the article doesn't mention if alcohol was involved.

Sometimes people die in abnormal ways without drugs or alcohol in their system. What a terrible way to go.

It is sad, but would be even sadder if he was under the influence of...whatever. Sometimes, it's just your time to die.

This morning I was really angry that our round at Rosedale was cancelled. I was -2 through 10 holes and was hoping to make up some strokes. I didn't understand why the Parks or Power/Light wasn't able to do something about the situation.

Once we all found out what happened (halfway through our round at Waterworks), I was less upset. Partially because it put things in perspective, and also because I finally understood what actually happened.

I'm still upset (I could have climbed into the top 15 for Advanced) but it's really not so big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts