• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

man made obstacle opinions please

Like this? (Lawrence Tech, Southfield, MI) Full disclosure: this placement did not last long. The "art piece" was removed shortly after the course went in. I liked it though.

28650_l.jpg

Man-made obstacles can be great, or terrible. Completely depends on the how they are deployed. In general, I like them and I think that they will only be used more and more as this sport grows. Just need to rely on good, professional designers to deploy them well.

^random intervals = luck. You never want to reward luck over skill. :) (referring to thug-nificent's post about actuator powered "limbs")

Might as well ask the Obama administration for a grant to build windmills for the course. :|

I live beside a hay field and have had the same thought, be cool to stack 3-4 of them on top of each other. :thmbup:
-----------------------------------------
I want to see a basket on top of a jungle gym, like this:

junglegym2.jpg

I put a basket inside one of these for a glow round. It was a big hit. Actually I used most all of the playground equipment that night and it all seemed to work great. Night-time play only so no nongolf crowds trying to use the playground - SAFETY FIRST!

Hole 16, Panther DGC,McComb, OH.

Attachments

• bb10c6d8.jpg
    bb10c6d8.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 44
Although not man made, another good obstacle is ornamental grasses. I have a few on my course that a friend dug out of her yard and they have flourished and confounded many a golfer.