• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mandatory dropzone

aorak

Hi.

I have been trying to find the answer online, but not found anything regarding this matter. If a course has a double Mandatory. Is it allowed to have the dropzone on the front side of the Mandatory? So you will not go trough the mandatory when throwing from dropzone. Or is it anything stating that it has to be behind it?

Drop Zone can be located wherever the TD desires. It's not a bad idea to move it just past the mando since the player has already taken a penalty.

Allowed under the current rules, but I like the idea of the player actually completing the mandatory, even if the DZ is placed so it is ridiculously easy to make it.

"Quantum tunneling" through the double mando is not for me.

Just make the player walk through the double mando correctly on the way to the drop zone while carrying his bag containing the disc he will choose to throw. ;)

I'm not sure about the official rules for non-tournament play, but I was always told and taught that it would be behind the Mando point, so that the player had to 'make it', regardless of the possible, or even probable ridiculous ease of it, as Steve said.

There's no requirement for DZ location. No need to force the player to make the mando. They've already taken a penalty.

There's no requirement for DZ location. No need to force the player to make the mando. They've already taken a penalty.
Makes sense to me if you are taking a penalty you no longer need to make the mando.

Latest posts