• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill 1/2 disc review?

newsflash: reviews and ratings on this website don't matter to 97% of disc golfers. the review poster had problems, you say he should have played somewhere else. people here have a problem with free speech. maybe you should go live somewhere else?

It's not a "free speech" issue.

newsflash: reviews and ratings on this website don't matter to 97% of disc golfers. the review poster had problems, you say he should have played somewhere else. people here have a problem with free speech. maybe you should go live somewhere else?
:wall::wall::wall:

It's not a "free speech" issue.

You beat me to it. :clap: Although, I might agree with the part that reviews and ratings on here don't matter to most disc golfers.

You beat me to it. :clap: Although, I might agree with the part that reviews and ratings on here don't matter to most disc golfers.

Absolutely. I'm amazed how many people don't even know about this site. How to they carry on with such a hole in their life?

Man, people really have no idea what the 1st Amendment/"free speech" actually means.

Funny, this already came up once in this thread. To which I opined:

Don't be silly. The 1st amendment gives him the right to post what he wants on his own website (with some limitations). This site is governed by the site owner's rules and standards.

After which, we're in the realm of, he's free to say what he wants, and we're free to criticize him. Free speech comes with immunity from prosecution, not disagreement or ridicule.

And I wouldn't even do that, except to say that, within the context of this website, the 0.5 is clearly an attack, not an honest rating. The review and lost-disc story are fine with me.

I'm not questioning the legality of the post, I'm questioning the reviewer's sanity/stupidity...

Yeah, I hadn't moved to the next page to see your response when I replied. I was also referring to him. Not you. Hence the "nicing" of your post.

I understood and didn't take your post wrong. I was laughing that he was the second person to go there on the "free speech" thing.

Fwiw, the lost and found page on the website is already working again, so part of that review of based on incorrect information as a result of the reviewer being unable to distinguish between "our website isn't working" and "this computer right in front of me that's also the register isn't working"

Let it go. This has happened so many times in the past and Tim would have deleted it if he thought it deserved it. I thought nobody cared about the top 10.

I don't care about the top ten; I just enjoy be amused by foolishness. "This is one of the worst courses in the world because I couldn't easily get back the disc I threw in the water" is too good to simply let go, at least, not quite yet.

And if I'm foolish for feeling this way, well, just take some amusement from it.

wow sorry for upsetting you all, let me just say that while i was speaking in generalities, the reviews on this site are important to me. see i have a condition where my skin is really thin, and if i end up in a thicket or some adverse terrain i can end up with many cuts and abrasions. usually these obstacles are well stated in the reviews, and id go as far as to say that this website is the number one resource for disc golfers with thin skin! thank you all!!

Customer service is make or break if you are looking to make money, or at least break even. You can have the best product in the world and lose if you have bad customer relations and service. My wife grew up in that area, and a lot of her family is in the region, and some right near Maple Hill. I have it wishlisted, and have been looking forward to playing it whenever we get over that way and have some time to spare. Now, I will be watching this thread, and be cautious. I would want to visit Marshall St. and play Pyramids, and Newton Hill sounds like a good course for me ("This is an intermediate player's dream."). Ya know what, those two courses are enough, forget Maple Hill.

I used snipping tool on it, and saved it. :p

You would be making a big mistake if you are that close to Maple Hill and don't play it, trust me.

You would be making a big mistake if you are that close to Maple Hill and don't play it, trust me.

Maybe so, maybe not. I doubt I have the skill, and especially the arm for it right now. What was the line from one of the Dirty Harry movies, "A man's gotta know his limitations"?Speaking of hypothetical future, where I have regained the strength I had several years ago (before some physical challenges), maybe it would be worth $20. Until then...?

seems a legit review... at least it isn't some local boy love or hate... the guy had a terrible experience and felt he over-paid for that experience. I get it...

that review won't come down as a result...

that being said, I don't see a problem with a $20 pay-to-play... we disc golfers don't subsidize the courses we play very well... I always wonder how private courses stay in with a $5 donation system...

Maple hill is absolutely magnificent. If you love Disc golf and are looking for a wonderful experience play there. Yes they raised their price but you get what you pay for. At Maple hill that means playing one of the best courses in the country that has 4 layouts and is perfectly manicured. Standing up on 1 for golds looking down and wondering if you can clear the pond is akin to Skiing Corbets Couloir at Jackson Hole or Surfing the Bonzai Pipeline(comparatively speaking for different sports). It seems expensive but that is because people are comparing it to other places. Prices are going up, Smugglers notch is now 10 dollars a round as well and they have 36 holes so it essentially costs the same thing.

On DGCR, the number of 1/2 star courses that have received a 5 star rating is MANY times greater than 5 star rated courses receiving 1/2 star rating. So a guy gave an unjust rating to a place that everyone knows to be good to great, whoop-de-do.

I'd rather have that than a low traffic course unjustly be highly rated without being able to verify.

Show me a 1/2 star course with a 5 star review, I'm curious to see at least one of these MANY.

seems a legit review... at least it isn't some local boy love or hate... the guy had a terrible experience and felt he over-paid for that experience. I get it...

that review won't come down as a result...

that being said, I don't see a problem with a $20 pay-to-play... we disc golfers don't subsidize the courses we play very well... I always wonder how private courses stay in with a $5 donation system...

So if I get an ace at a course, that automatically makes it a 5 disc review because I had a great experience? And if I lose a disc that makes it a half disc because of my bad experience? What is this disc golf course experience review .com?