• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

i plan on doing a guitar in black, then a marble around it, do you think i should remask the guitar or just do the marble dye

Yeah, I did a lord of the rings, "one ring to rule them all..." with a flame marble background, the marbling blurred the letters a little, ended up looking really cool, but not what i planned.

Yeah, I did a lord of the rings, "one ring to rule them all..." with a flame marble background, the marbling blurred the letters a little, ended up looking really cool, but not what i planned.

Got a pic? I'd love to see that one....

If you going to to just put a black sillouette of a guitar, you could marble the disc, then dye the the sillouette via the traditional dip - but if you want detail in the guitar, I'd dye it first, remask, then marble.

My first attempt at marbling. I laid it down two different times and thinking about a third.
5CBC77EE-BB68-46C3-913F-120581AB3AEC-1025-000000669EAD37C8.jpg

i plan on doing a guitar in black, then a marble around it, do you think i should remask the guitar or just do the marble dye

I've tried it both ways. And when I did the dip/stencil before the marble, the marble blurred the stencil/dip pretty bad. If u look at my previous post, about 5 post up, that is the one I did the marble first then the stencil/dip. I think it came out really crisp and looks awesome!

its a neutron vector and the front came out nice and i just added a blue marble to the front and just put it in a red and green on the front. Also i put a red, blue green marble on the back, its kinda messy...
The backsadklgbasdlfkgbdsf.jpg

Beforefksdf.jpg

Got a pic? I'd love to see that one....

Here you go, I gave it to my dad for christmas so I had to get him to email me a pic, I did the black first then the marble, I use acetone when I marble so I'm sure that made the black blur even more.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 163
Few from last night.... Colors "POP" nicely.:thmbup: Crappy cell phone pics don't do them justice.....:thmbdown:

Attachments

• 0119130628.jpg
    0119130628.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 0119130632.jpg
    0119130632.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 0119130631.jpg
    0119130631.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 128
How long are you keeping the disc in the dye for;
Champion
Driver Pro
Star
other

I'm using Rit Dye (both Liquid and Powder) and have just kept the disc in the dye over night but was wondering about actual times to get a solid dye.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts