• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

Yeah, the liquid red didnt take at all on the champ, the echostar, or the opto plastic. I also tried heating it on the stove and dyeing with that method. I ended up mixing powder oarnge and green to get this for what I wanted to be a nice ruby red. I don't think I will ever use liquid Rit again.
110529_013439.jpg
[/IMG]

Liquid has it's place most definitely, my best black is from powder, my best scarlet is from liquid, I use liquid mainly for small batch stuff where I just need a little, and powder on the bigger batch stuff (Gradient setup, dips)

I actually use quite a bit of liquid and get good results from it. Whatever you use it needs to be mixed with water to activate it. Or something at least. I've mixed with liquid laundry detergent and painted it on to great results as well.

shroom there are several effective methods for marbling a disc, each one gives a little different result.

I've taken a shaving cream and dye mix and added acetone to it, the foam basically dissoved so a failure for what I wanted. Not sure what would happen if you added a acetone/dye/detergent mix to a SC bed so would have to agree with LoPan, give it a try (and tell us what happened:D).

Water + liquid rit + soap = bubbles. A cool effect.
IMAG0118.jpg

Heres a new one I have been trying out. Ive been doing a saran wrap technique but using bubble wrap instead of bags/wrap. Gives you the wrap marble but with bubble like circles. Gonna try more with this. This was the first run and I just used it on the border, but I think its got potential.
madeindetroit1.jpg

I tried to freehand a firebird with the shaving cream. here is the shaving cream bed and my results
IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

1st run at shaving cream

I pretty much followed Bailye's recipe, but half batch, definately no prob. taking the dye, 22 hr. float on straight shaving cream. ESP Nuke.017.jpg

White soft Ion on a bed of straight shaving cream for 23 hours. I used teal and fuschia dyes that I had previously mixed (1 packet powder dye to 32oz water). The fuschia did not turn out at all. I hadn't actually used the fuschia before so don't know if it is a bad batch or if it just didn't respond with the shaving cream method. Overall, I am happy with how it looks even though it was not what I anticipated/what I was going for.

Attachments

• IMG-20110608-00019.jpg
    IMG-20110608-00019.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 394
White soft Ion on a bed of straight shaving cream for 23 hours. I used teal and fuschia dyes that I had previously mixed (1 packet powder dye to 32oz water). The fuschia did not turn out at all. I hadn't actually used the fuschia before so don't know if it is a bad batch or if it just didn't respond with the shaving cream method. Overall, I am happy with how it looks even though it was not what I anticipated/what I was going for.

That looks awesome! The little "bubbles" give it a sparkly look. :thmbup:

I just started to try marbling with SC and can't seem to get color dark enough...

SC bed is mixed with water - a little runnier than straight SC.

Dye mixture is black powder (1 packet/32oz. water) and SC. Looks like the picture Dan Howard has squirting his dye/SC on newspaper.

The dye mixture sits on top of the bed nicely. I let the disc sit for approximately 4hrs.

Below is a picture of an elite Z Stalker I tried to marble.
Had just about the same result on another disc I tried (elite Z wasp).

Any ideas on how to get darker color?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF4307.jpg
    DSCF4307.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 263
It was mentioned earlier, this method doesn't like the clear stuff, Z or champ. My best results are on Star, ESP, and MVP Ions.

Liquid has it's place most definitely, my best black is from powder, my best scarlet is from liquid, I use liquid mainly for small batch stuff where I just need a little, and powder on the bigger batch stuff (Gradient setup, dips)

Arent you running a 5 gal bucket gradient system Fishy? How much do you actually use...probably like 3 gal, just enough to cover a disc 3/4 of the way or so? And what ratio are you using? 1 pack powder for 3 or so gal of water because of the amount of time it is in the gradient rig?

Looks really outer spacey. nice nice nice

I will be picking up some dollar store shaving cream this weekend.

I dont remember how I did it, but I achieved a slight marbling effect in the purple background of this disc without shaving cream or other methods. just painted on.

Photo_70C2AC1F-38E5-F603-ACDA-AF2F19A8138A.jpg

I am gonna try the SC method to marble the planet and space background for this one.

mr-miyodas-ally-is-the-force.jpg

Latest posts