• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marketplace Entry Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I can't believe I just read this whole thread. but im at work with nothing better to do.

I totally support the $5. If it scares off one scammer isn't that worth it. One less person to be ripped off. I'd recommend just paying the $25 dollars just for all the extra stuff you get.

I totally support the $5.... I'd recommend just paying the $25 dollars just for all the extra stuff you get.

If you travel one time and use the map feature to find courses and plan your disc golf stops it's worth it.

So I take it that on 9/1 there will be no bumping(assuming you're the author and the one doing the bumping) your own threads without a crown?

So I take it that on 9/1 there will be no bumping(assuming you're the author and the one doing the bumping) your own threads without a crown?
I'd find all the posts that have already explained it but I'm too lazy so I'll write it again. This is ONLY if you want to post NEW THREADS. Anybody will be able to make posts in existing threads.

If you see that, report it. You're not allowed to do that now since it's just flat out rude.

I'd find all the posts that have already explained it but I'm too lazy so I'll write it again. This is ONLY if you want to post NEW THREADS. Anybody will be able to make posts in existing threads.

Needs to be on every page! Just jerkin your chain boss.;):wall::doh:

As of 7/25/12 DGCR has had 256,857 posts in the MP thread and (29,604 threads)
DGR has had 46,152 posts in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread (6,914 topics)

That's 5.57 times more posts for DGCR and 4.28 times more threads

I don't anticipate a major falling out when the fee takes place and I'm sure some people will artificially create threads and posts for a while to skew the numbers at first, but what happens if the numbers DO drop? Drop to 5 times as many posts? 4 times? Where is the stopping point and as someone else asked, what is the backup plan? Refunds?

ok cool. i am def ok with the $5. marketplace rocks

I AGREE.

i see issues but i'm just a negative nancy but the truth is 5 dollars to start threads will cut down on the scammers they will never start if there is something they have to pay. that is the beauty of scammers they are mental. 5 dollars will just drive them bonkers and they wont post threads.

now the downside i see is newbies not understanding and getting mad and leaving the site.

in the past i found waiting til a user had a post count of 100 made for a lot of spammers but also made it really hard to scam if there is work involved.

anyhow you can always lift the requirement if it doesn't work.

I do not think $5 is really going to cut down on scammers, but it will cut down on the 15 year old kids who can't ship until there is a weekday they do not have football practice and mommy gives them a ride to the post office.

Just FYI, anyone doing the "make a thread now to update later" thing will have their threads nuked from orbit on 9/1 or at our earliest convenience.

Thanks,
The Management

Status
Not open for further replies.