• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marketplace Entry Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people that make spelling and grammar mistakes should have to pay $5 a year to post on this site. After all, TimG is awesome for giving us this awesome site, the least we can do is use correct grammar and spelling.

By the way guys, for the low, low price of $5, I'm selling bottled "Freedom Air" fresh from NC. Sure, you've been breathing your local air for years, but how safe is it really? For $5 a bottle, you can have air that is probably safer because you spent money for it.

It's pretty cool, that you've been on this site since '09, and have a hard time contributing $5 to it.

I apologize for not proofreading my posts on the internet.

I get paid to play poker, I'll try to do a better job for you if I ever decide to apply to be a writer though.

With your level of education, and grammar knowledge, one would think you should have a job/career that could easily cater to the $5 fee.

I can't wait till Google decides to start charging for Gmail and everything else we all use every day for free. That will be entertaining.

I have no prob at all personally with the fee, especially since I already picked up a crown a while ago. Only real problem I see is it reducing the amount of discs for sale because of the people who aren't willing to ante up the $5 and therefore don't sell on here, then we all end up losing out. A lot of times there are some sweet deals out there from dudes who aren't some of the biggest sellers.

I will keep using the marketplace either way, but I think it already is awesome the way it is.

TheArnoldPalmer and BrotherDave should PM each other awesome ideas that are completely related to this discussion.

The MP is not going to be anymore than marginally safer from this. It is going to be just as crowded and useless for people that don't sit at their cpu all day like booter trying to unload ish like it's their job.

If you want $5 donations, that's fine. But assuming this is going to "keep riff raff out" like it's set in stone is ridiculous. $5 a year isn't worth it to me to keep using the MP, probably. I don't pretend to speak for everyone, but I doubt I'm the only Joe Schmoe that will feel the same way. It's not b/c "I'm a cheap ass" and I should worship the greatness of DGCR, it's b/c I don't trade/sell discs to make money, lol.

I like this site a lot and I don't want it to get any worse and I think there's a real chance it might. No, I don't have any crowns, so I must be a giant POS according to some people. But I have purchased DGCR discs, a bag tag, DGCR patches and decal, uploaded pictures, done a ton of reviews, and contributed thousands of (mostly) helpful posts sharing knowledgeable opinions on everything dg related.

But hey, it's whatever. It's just so easy to take an unpopular stance and speak out against a blindly loyal mob so feel free to throw barbs.

wow, 17 pages in 10 hours??!? i never would have guessed that this would be such a hot topic.

i'm totally for the 5 buck fee. honestly, i feel like a bum for not getting a membership a while ago. besides the useful/funny stuff on this site, the opportunity to move plastic on the mp is worth the price alone. probably 80% of the stuff i own and throw came from the mp either used or new. mainly used.

It's pretty cool, that you've been on this site since '09, and have a hard time contributing $5 to it.

I apologize for not proofreading my posts on the internet.

I get paid to play poker, I'll try to do a better job for you if I ever decide to apply to be a writer though.

With your level of education, and grammar knowledge, one would think you should have a job/career that could easily cater to the $5 fee.

Oh wow, insults. Very cool. If I pay $5 do I get to insult people and feel better about myself? Can I get a crown that belittles people? That would be neat. You're totally right though, any time there is a problem in life, just throw $5 at it. That fixes everything. War in Iraq? Throw $5 at it. Shooter in CO? More people should have thrown $5 at it. Growing unemployment? Throw $5 at it. Money cures all ills, it's so obvious.

The MP is not going to be anymore than marginally safer from this. It is going to be just as crowded and useless for people that don't sit at their cpu all day like booter trying to unload ish like it's their job.

If you want $5 donations, that's fine. But assuming this is going to "keep riff raff out" like it's set in stone is ridiculous. $5 a year isn't worth it to me to keep using the MP, probably. I don't pretend to speak for everyone, but I doubt I'm the only Joe Schmoe that will feel the same way. It's not b/c "I'm a cheap ass" and I should worship the greatness of DGCR, it's b/c I don't trade/sell discs to make money, lol.

I like this site a lot and I don't want it to get any worse and I think there's a real chance it might. No, I don't have any crowns, so I must be a giant POS according to some people. But I have purchased DGCR discs, a bag tag, DGCR patches and decal, uploaded pictures, done a ton of reviews, and contributed thousands of (mostly) helpful posts sharing knowledgeable opinions on everything dg related.

But hey, it's whatever. It's just so easy to take an unpopular stance and speak out against a blindly loyal mob so feel free to throw barbs.

^2nd this emotion.

Also, remember Reputation? How well did THAT work out? :p

There is a difference between part of a blindly loyal mod and contributing a little cash to a site where a lot of us spend a lot of time on. It's five bucks, I just won't buy a subway next time I want one.

There is a difference between part of a blindly loyal mod and contributing a little cash to a site where a lot of us spend a lot of time on. It's five bucks, I just won't buy a subway next time I want one.

Your argument is invalid. You should never want Subway. :|

Five dollar foot long reference. Pay it or don't, it's happening, and it is not a bad idea. Even if some human error will still occur.

Oh wow, insults. Very cool. If I pay $5 do I get to insult people and feel better about myself? Can I get a crown that belittles people? That would be neat. You're totally right though, any time there is a problem in life, just throw $5 at it. That fixes everything. War in Iraq? Throw $5 at it. Shooter in CO? More people should have thrown $5 at it. Growing unemployment? Throw $5 at it. Money cures all ills, it's so obvious.

^2nd this emotion.

Also, remember Reputation? How well did THAT work out? :p

By all means, you are both free to choose to not participate :)

The sarcasm of your postings certainly will do nothing more than to take yourselves off topic.

That's your opinion, mine is different. I never said it would prevent riff raff, I said it would deter it, and no matter how you frame it with your creative anecdotes about selling air, it will help in some respect. You can continue making jabs about something you obviously don't give a crap about in this thread for the next month or you can leave it be. Either way, it won't change anything.

Oh, also in addition to the $5 fee, you will have to kill 5 babies to be able to post threads. There, now you have something worthwhile to complain about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.