• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking a Black Ace???

sbinwien

Par Member
If you throw a disc in the wrong basket, on your way to the correct basket, you are suppose to mark your disk at the basket for the next shot.

Do you mark from the pole? from the edge of the basket? Where the disc came to rest in the basket? Behind the basket? Where do you put your mini?

If it is the pole, then you have to extend your leg under the basket to have a contact point behind the mini?

I am asking because I almost did this. On one slight uphill hole, the basket of the previous hole is about 15° to the right of a straight shot off the tee. I did not have the best drive and nicked the chains on the previous basket. Luckily it kept flying, but I was not sure the ruling if it went into the other basket.

Thanks!

You mark the lie on the ground directly under where the disc came to rest and birdie from there.

you have to put your foot in the basket

I had a similar situation at league last night except instead of a basket I was directly under a picnic table. Lucky for me it was an old table with a corner broke off that allowed me to stick my leg through and can the 35' birdie putt :)

i've had two black aces (local course has short and long baskets in all the time) and its really hard to make your upshot with your foot in the basket.

After our clinic with Courtney we played a round of dubs and I was the only guy because they had an odd number of women...my upshot on 8 landed under a bench so I stood on it and made my putt...not sure if that was the right answer or not but it was fun. :)

I've wondered the same thing. I would think the mark would be on the ground directly below where the disc is resting in the basket. That would be a heck of an awkward lie.

Latest posts