• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking lie - can't bag disc?

mubhcaeb78

Par Member
A friend was playing in a tournament in a different group, and said there was a guy who claimed after you mark your lie with the mini, you cannot bag the disc that was used.. it can be moved, but not bagged.

I don't see anything related to that in 802.03.. anyone got info on that?

A friend was playing in a tournament in a different group, and said there was a guy who claimed after you mark your lie with the mini, you cannot bag the disc that was used.. it can be moved, but not bagged.

I don't see anything related to that in 802.03.. anyone got info on that?

Gotta love made up rules!

In my experience, most players will set the disc aside and put it in the bag after their shot. This has nothing to do with any rules, it's just easier to set it aside while focusing on the shot. If you'd prefer to bag it and clear your head for a moment before the throw, go for it. Just make sure to stay within the 30 second time frame.

This is also a great reason to carry a rule book. Whenever someone makes a claim like that, hand them the book and say "show me where it says that."

Yeah, unfortunately it was friends first tournament, he signed up pdga membership but didn't get the mini rule book yet =(

Glad to hear it isn't something I was missing too.

As said above, with the change to the time limit rule, it might be smart to mark your lie and set it aside to give yourself a little more time to get your stance, think about your throw and execute. 30 seconds can go by quicker than you think, especially if you have an awkward lie and have a couple options to try and get around, over or through something. But, a rule it is not.

Latest posts