• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marm O. discs

Meet my DX Leopard. She's severely understable so I mostly use her for rollers.
13238871_1081976438541096_610532871339892535_n.jpg

The links changed in my previous posts. There is no way for me to fix them. I will re-load the photos sometime soon.
In the meantime, here is one of my DX Rocs
all Sharpie
13239281_1083981565007250_9066946919865256122_n.jpg

Thanks!!! I actually liked that one... I didn't expect it to turn out as well as it did when I biffed a key compositional element and had to alter it on the fly :(

Here is one I did this afternoon. It is a discin' Gargoyle on a Wham-O Ultimate lid. SuperClass gets very little love, and especially non-Zephyr SuperClass lids. This is my attempt to spread the love. Turned out mostly the way I wanted.
13669715_1141707959234610_8402553281587946798_n.jpg

So you like the Ruination IPA, too, huh? ;)

Love the work as always, Marmoset. Phenomenal, clean, and precise. Dig it!

Cheers.

So you like the Ruination IPA, too, huh? ;)

Love the work as always, Marmoset. Phenomenal, clean, and precise. Dig it!

Cheers.

No, I had never seen that until you mentioned it; I had to google it! Fun fact, I have never had any alcohol in my life except NyQuil, Dimetap, etc. the pose of our Gargoyles is extremely similar but that was 100% coincidence.

Thanks for the compliments! I naturally prefer the clean look but you can get clean from dye. I am a little torn because If I am going to use Sharpie then I feel like I should be doing things that are unique strengths inherent to the Sharpie process, things that dye cannot. Grungy, imprecise, and sloppy are areas in which stencil dyes are weak. Unless, of course, you paint the dye on like DyeingToPlay or Roggenb3 (BennetUA?). So i feel like I *should* be playing to the unique strengths of Sharpie, otherwise I should just dye. Maybe it's enough that I'm doing it on DX? I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it!

You're drawing which is unique to the Sharpie process. You're also able to provide finer detail which is something dyers tend to avoid because of fading/blurring.

I love seeing updates in this thread. At this stage of the game, if you want to experiment, I can send you a bunch of "canvases" to use to test. The "cat and mouse" you did for me is in my practice basket since I've gone back to my three season putter, and it always seems to find the chains, even on long putts. Simply beautiful.

You doing any stamps lately? They were great! Would love to see more get out there. You're on my Axiom Artist Series short list if you ever wanna do one. #promposal

I've been meaning to write up a shout out for marm but life has been very busy lately.

I commissioned a design from marm that I was never able to pull off myself. He was timely, considerate, fairly priced, and the artwork is stellar! I plan on posting pictures when I finally get around to finishing the project.

At the risk of flooding his email with unwanted work inquiries, I really can't recommend working with marm enough you should send him monies to do great work.

a commission for a friend of mine
all Sharpie on a Salmon colored translucent Lat64 Diamond. I had to put a white background behind the disc in order to make the detail show up. It looks better in real life IMO because the colors really come to life :)
picture.php

a commission for a friend of mine
all Sharpie on a Salmon colored translucent Lat64 Diamond. I had to put a white background behind the disc in order to make the detail show up. It looks better in real life IMO because the colors really come to life :)
picture.php

Oh. Em. Geez! My 65 year old father recently had a heart attack and part of his lifestyle change is to begin an exercise regiment. Our family has always been a big outdoors/fishing family and if I can get him to commit to disc golf (he has told me he would try) I would love to have you do some artwork like this with a Walleye (his favorite game) doing fish type stuff on whatever disc he settles on.

This pink disc is great work, on par with DTP's "Trout Fishing" disc. (I think it was DTP, it was a hand painted rainbow jumping from a river with mountains in the back)

Hopefully I can get him into the sport and commission you to combine his hobbies, Marm. As always, admirable artwork.

Cheers.

...I would love to have you do some artwork like this with a Walleye (his favorite game) doing fish type stuff...
thanks for the compliments (again) and I guess I need to start researching Walleyes; I know NOTHING about fish :)

Next up, a Star Leopard that I just finished. I love this freakshow beef disc. She's less Leopard and more OS Gazelle. But still, Leopards aren't very hardcore so I tried to fix that:
picture.php

This pink disc is great work, on par with DTP's "Trout Fishing" disc. (I think it was DTP, it was a hand painted rainbow jumping from a river with mountains in the back)

I believe the disc you are thinking of was also a Sharpie design. I want to say it was Hurricane, not DTP. Maybe someone can prerube us and find it.