• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Massive thread containing every possible 3-disc combination for your review

3 disc tournament

I'm playing in an Ice Bowl tomorrow and the first round is going to be a 3 disc round...I know its really my preference as to what I use, but what would you all use...I'm really just hung up on which driver to use, something straight like my tbird or something that turnsover some like my roadrunner or Leopard.

right now i'm thinking of these 3.
1. Putter-warlock
2. Mid- Z buzzz
3. driver- champ tbird.

On the fence about the Tbird because I can probably use my Buzzz for the straight drives and put it out there pretty far.

Toccoa doesn't have a lot of long shots. I would take something good in the wind because it has been crazy windy and the layout of the course would probably enhance that.

Is the zone a mid or a fairway? Z nuke would probably only be used on a couple of holes...

If that is your most comfortable driver than go with it. Most players will be uncomfortable with only three discs so go in with a confident setup and you will have an advantage.

Toccoa doesn't have a lot of long shots. I would take something good in the wind because it has been crazy windy and the layout of the course would probably enhance that.

Hmm good info...maybe a Banshee or firebird in place of the tbird.

Lots of downhill shots too.

If you can throw either of those pretty far you will be good.

like others have eluded to... it is really course dependent. i think the best 3 lineup, for me at least, would be wiz, buzzz, vision... the vision is very workable in the right hands, excluding heavy meathooks RHBH

I'm playing in an Ice Bowl tomorrow and the first round is going to be a 3 disc round...I know its really my preference as to what I use, but what would you all use...I'm really just hung up on which driver to use, something straight like my tbird or something that turnsover some like my roadrunner or Leopard.

right now i'm thinking of these 3.
1. Putter-warlock
2. Mid- Z buzzz
3. driver- champ tbird.

On the fence about the Tbird because I can probably use my Buzzz for the straight drives and put it out there pretty far.

I think you are pretty close to nailing it with your setup, but I would be tempted to use a stable driver(Teebird), an understable driver(Valkyrie) and a putter(Wizard) for all upshots and putts. I don't know the course you are playing. Do you plan on using your Buzzz off the tee often enough to justify it. The Wizard is great from 200' in while the setup you are sugesting using doesn't seem to take into account the need for long turnover shots or tailwind drives. I completely disagree with anyone that sugests you ommit the putter entirely. Unless you are playing a course with par 4's and 5's on every hole, the putter gets more work than any disc in the bag and is thus, the most important.

I would go Magic, River, ESP Pred and be leaning on the Rivers ability to perform with very minimal power for my mid range game, and a lot of skip shots and underpowered flex shots with the Pred. Magic will get me through some tight approaches.

Not ideal, by it would work.

Buzzz and your putter is a must.

I personally would use a ce or star valk since I can not only get distance, but can manipulate the disc to hold any line I need. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Latest posts