• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Massive thread containing every possible 3-disc combination for your review

his real post was 3 wizards.

On some courses around here I would :D

Last time I played with a self-imposed 3 disc limit was a league game where I went with Wizard Buzz Stalker. Had the best score on my card too. Depending on the course I might go with that, all Wizards, or what I listed first.

Didn't know other poeple use the Hydra..lol
DX Beast
Champ TeeBird
Pro Hydra

I love my Hydra now, I mainly use it as a driver. I don't use if for long distances, but tight, narrow, and/or down hill shots. Very forgiving if it hits a tree. ...most of the time. ;) In case like this, I'd use it as a putter as well.

Depending on the length of the course:

Pro Destroyer
P-MD2
M ION

or

P-PD
P-MD2
M ION

For me, it would depend on the course, mostly length of holes and tightness of course, but if forced to play an unknown course with only three discs out of my bag, they'd be:

Driver = Beast
Mid = Buzzz
Putter = Soft APX

Believe it or not, the mid was my dilemma. Tough choice between Buzz & Soft Challenger (yes, I realize how different they are). Use my overworked Challenger for so many upshots, my Buzzz feels a bit neglected. Lately, my buzz only sees action on long holes where my drive doesn't get me into Challenger range. But if forced to whittle down to only 3 for a given round,I thought , "Can you really go wrong with a Buzzz?"

Going in blind, I'd say Buzzz, but I wonder how many times I'd throw it and and think, "Damn! Wish I had my Challenger."

Actually, since you brought that point up, if I was playing an unknown course, I'd have to change up my discs.

Star Teebird
Z Buzzz
SSS Wizard

I'd need a mid that could take any conditions. KC Roc could be destroyed way too fast not knowning the course, and I can power down a buzzz 10x better than a Roc so I don't destroy my putter on a course and keep it for closer putts only.

Slightly open:
Surge-beat in where it can be turned over slightly
Buzzz
Ion

Wooded:
Avenger SS
Flick
SSS Wizard

Latest posts