• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeast 's quote, inspiring or cocky

The conversation in my head continues on like this: "Black oceans cold and dark, I am the hungry shark, fast and merciless. My muscles will contract, your bones will crack, it's just a fact. Cuz I am here to win this fight!" (lyric from the song Lydia by Highly Suspect)

May sound cocky and arrogant as can be, but it's only used to inspire myself :)

Picturing the day you slip up and say that part out loud. :eek: That's kind of what Paul did.

Everyone is affected by different things in different ways. Personally, I'm turned off by his religious stuff more than this. So I stopped following him on Insta -- easy decision.

When I get to my hole assignment, and meet and greet the guys on my card, I shake their hands, and say, "hello, My name is Tom, they call me Mountain Man"

The conversation in my head continues on like this: "Black oceans cold and dark, I am the hungry shark, fast and merciless. My muscles will contract, your bones will crack, it's just a fact. Cuz I am here to win this fight!" (lyric from the song Lydia by Highly Suspect)

Wow, yeah...if anyone ever added "they call me Mountain Man" to their pre-round introduction, I would think they were pretty douchey. (That includes many competitive disc golf rounds that I play in actual mountains.)

Just to be clear, do your eyes glaze over after each introduction while you silently continue the conversation with a string of violent thoughts?

Wow, yeah...if anyone ever added "they call me Mountain Man" to their pre-round introduction, I would think they were pretty douchey. (That includes many competitive disc golf rounds that I play in actual mountains.)

Just to be clear, do your eyes glaze over after each introduction while you silently continue the conversation with a string of violent thoughts?

Nah, but my head does kinda bob along to the beat. Really!

To be honest, I believe the doucheiest part of my introduction has to be when I tell people that the name of my disc golf course that I'm building is "Mountain Man's Playground", agreed?

Last edited:
LOl, that would be 0. About the only thing I am good at is putting. At age 55, I figured out that putting is the easiest area for me to practice and improve upon, physically. I love to putt :)

My point that I was trying to make was that one man's inspiration is another man's arrogance. So what?:confused:

I come from the school of one man need only worry about one man :thmbup:

Meh... I play in grandmasters this year. In tournaments I hope that my competition does their best, and I always play my best without worrying about what the other players are doing. I'm comfortable that I will win most of the time and if I don't my goal is to have fun playing and meeting new people.

To me that is one man worrying about one man, not the shark and bones thing that you use to psyche yourself up. Knowing that you use some pretty weird imagery on the tee, I wouldn't want to play on your card.

Personally, I would be much more likely to remember the nickname "Mountain Man" than I would Bob, Joe, Frank, Bill, or any other "normal" name. IMO it sounds like Mountain Man is trying to be friendly by allowing new acquaintances to call him by his nickname.

And, again IMO, what goes on in anyone's head is their business. Trust me, if I make a few bad shots in a row, you don't want to know what's going on in my head.

However, knowing this already about Mountain Man, should I ever play a round with him, might just make things a little creepy. :D

Meh... I play in grandmasters this year. In tournaments I hope that my competition does their best, and I always play my best without worrying about what the other players are doing. I'm comfortable that I will win most of the time and if I don't my goal is to have fun playing and meeting new people.

To me that is one man worrying about one man, not the shark and bones thing that you use to psyche yourself up. Knowing that you use some pretty weird imagery on the tee, I wouldn't want to play on your card.

C'mon you guys, lighten up, and try to keep up.

I'm trying to use my "story" to mock the absurdity that PM lives and breathes that quote verbatim. It's just a quote that strikes his fancy. Figure of speech! Marketing tool also.

I'm also trying to point out the absurdity of why it would matter this much to others.

I certainly would not want to play with that guy either RobA. :)

C'mon you guys, lighten up, and try to keep up.

I'm trying to use my "story" to mock the absurdity that PM lives and breathes that quote verbatim. It's just a quote that strikes his fancy. Figure of speech! Marketing tool also.

I'm also trying to point out the absurdity of why it would matter this much to others.

I certainly would not want to play with that guy either RobA. :)

Lol, too funny. Hope to see you out on the course sometime, mountain man.

Picturing the day you slip up and say that part out loud. :eek: That's kind of what Paul did.

Everyone is affected by different things in different ways. Personally, I'm turned off by his religious stuff more than this. So I stopped following him on Insta -- easy decision.

I have never followed anyone's Insta. Its just not something that I ever bothered with. Your post intrigued me, though, so I had to check it out. Thanks.

Quotes

This reminds me of a Vuarnet sunglasses ad from 30 years ago.

"When you're the best, you see things differently."

Inspiration or arrogance? You choose.
But it still an accurate statement.

I am a big Rafa Nadal fan and reminds me of Rafa in his prime. In tennis even if you are an elite player you still lose like 40-45% of the points. Rafa was all about focusing on what he was currently doing. Forget what just happened and focus on the next moment as hard as you can. I am not a Paul Mcbeth fan but I get the quote and what he is saying. I wish I could block out my failures enough to make way for future successes. Don't we all struggle with that in disc golf?

Man Satan's like the McBeast of the visual arts. Not saying God and Satan isn't a deep field of top tier talent, but Satan should be proud to have rocked that level of domination for so long. I wonder what quotes keep the dark one #motivated.

Motorhead lyrics maybe?

Latest posts