• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeast 's quote, inspiring or cocky

If you've ever been good at a sport and want to get better you HAVE to be a bit cocky. It's that simple. I felt like I was the best basketball player in my district in high school and it made me a better player. I worked hard but I also had the mentality that I was just going to be you because I Worked harder.

Just my $.02, but PM's game over the last four years speaks for itself. When you have that kind of cred, you don't have to talk, but you can if you want to.

And with his ability to consistently make clutch putts at the biggest moments, I feel he's the only pro that can say, "im not shackled by fear, insecurity, or doubt" and not be entirely lying.....

I don't find his post to be cocky or inspirational. I found it kind of basic & forgetable. He's a pro athlete. He's the best disc golfer around, bar none. I like following him for his excellent play and performances. Like almost every single other pro athlete, I wouldn't pay ¢2 to hear anything any of them said or read anything any of them wrote.

I'm not sure why this quote got singled out, unless it's because he didn't reference the author. It's not like he hasn't posted these type of quotes in the past, he recently posted one from Ali that's similar. Dude just likes inspirational quotes, not a big deal, I'm a fan of them too.

Clearly all of you who aren't afraid playing DG have never played night golf in Texas. Packs of roaming coyotes aren't exactly friendly.

Clearly all of you who aren't afraid playing DG have never played night golf in Texas. Packs of roaming coyotes aren't exactly friendly.

That, and mosquitoes trying to carry you off. Gonna be brutal this year without having a solid freeze, on top of Kamikaze attacks from 6 inch long face eating grasshoppers.

And the water moccasins aren't exactly fun. Been a couple times seeing one swim by while fishing a disc out of the water. Not to mention the rattlers.

Fear is more than just worrying about life and death. Fear of failure is probably the most prevelant fear most people outside of war zones feel. I'm flabbergasted that this thread has lasted this long :clap:

I don't find his post to be cocky or inspirational. I found it kind of basic & forgetable. He's a pro athlete. He's the best disc golfer around, bar none. I like following him for his excellent play and performances. Like almost every single other pro athlete, I wouldn't pay ¢2 to hear anything any of them said or read anything any of them wrote.
Such a hipster!

To be fair, it wasn't so much Paul's meme quote that got us going, it was this little gem:

"Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration"

on his instagram account @paul_mcbeth said "I succeed because im willing to do the things you are not. I will fight against the odds. i will sacrifice. im not shackled by fear, insecurity, or doubt. I feel those emotions--drink them in and then swallow them away to the blackness of hell. im motivated by accomplishment, not pride. pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within. If i fall-- i will get up. if im beaten--i will return. i will never stop getting better. i will never give up--ever"

what do you think. inspiring or cocky

Bull****. Man doesn't succeed on drive alone. Cocky.

Willing to do things I am not? Comes off as a prick. I know he's a nice guy, but get real and lay off the drama. This isn't a movie and he isn't a superhero.

To be fair, it wasn't so much Paul's meme quote that got us going, it was this little gem:

"Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration"

Probably because the litany against fear is a better quote.

"Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain. "

Herbert wasn't the greatest poet, but that's a beautiful line.

Last edited:
Probably because the litany against fear is a better quote.

"Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain. "

Herbert wasn't the greatest poet, but that's a beautiful line.

I agree, its a good quote from a good book. For me though it is out of context with disc golf. Just sayin... If it helps someone else make that 30 foot death putt, more power to them.

Not trying to thread jack but look at Ricky's "conquer the world" quote -- what would thread posters say if McBeast quoted that?

Trdq9PD.jpg

Latest posts