• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mcbeth challenges Brody.

Maybe tbird just overlooked him :|

14f.jpg

Some snippets from a Reddit conversation with Brodie last year:

When asked about his regrets:

Biggest regret is how I acted in college from 2006-2009 mostly 2009. I was an arrogant cocky kid that would end up leading my team to lose at regionals that year. There were a lot of great seniors on that team that had to go out the wrong way. If I would have been a better person back then I could have maybe changed the outcome. I will never forget that.

On disc golf:

Haha I actually play a decent amount in the off season. You can check out my trick shot video with World Champion Avery Jenkins here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azwbRAe87Co

On "Darkhorse" (something I was curious about):

Hahah...so the word has been around for years (meaning underdog) but me and my buddy (chris gibson) started using it for almost everything. Example. You go to take a test that you didn't study for. When you get back and your roommates ask you how you did you can just say you straight darkhorsed it. Meaning you might have aced it or you might have failed it. Be careful though. Once you start using it, its very addictive.

And one interesting fact. Brodie used to be a teacher, for:

9th grade algebra

I don't know if Brodie will come back here or not and respond to this, but you gotta respect someone who can say that they messed up in the past, and are owning up to it. :thmbup:

Here is the link to the whole convo:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1igb48/professional_ultimate_frisbee_player_and_do/

I'm a fan of ultimate AND disc golf. If it weren't for lids and pickup games of ultimate in college I wouldn't know what disc golf is! Maybe these projects can expose players of one sport to another...

Now if only I can combine these two pastimes together. I suppose that would mean I would have to run the entire disc golf course as I play OR start throwing Superclass discs! :thmbup:

^ That is true! I've picked up a Zephyr and a Super Nova recently and love the way those fly: they float for a long time on a straight line and sink immediately. Random question for you aficionados out there: Are Superclass discs allowed in tourney rounds? Could I potentially add the Zephyr to my bag as an approach disc?

Superclass approval is a subset of PDGA approval, so you can use any approved superclass discs in any PDGA sanctioned competition.

Superclass approval is a subset of PDGA approval, so you can use any approved superclass discs in any PDGA sanctioned competition.

Good news. That Zephyr is pretty handy.

I read recently that McBeast challenged Rory McIlroy via Twitter. He wanted to make a wager on who would win their next major...no response from the golf pro to my knowledge!

Does anyone know if McBeths winter training compound is self funded or by an Innova? Wish I had the extra funds to make something even half the size in MN.

I was in my local PIAS when he came and traded in the majority of his disc "collection," as he's not a collector. He got some fitness stuff and various other things for his GF's kids. So I know he at least got that himself. Haha.

I got an AMAZING Candy Pro FB from his stash... The only new one. :)

Latest posts