• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth vs Wysocki: The PPV

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Flick Maniac said:
Saw some ads about the Match: Tiger vs Phil and got me thinking...

If they did sth like this with Paul vs Ricky and Jomez produced the hell out of it, I would gladly pay to view it now that its offseason and there arent DG coverage videos every other weekend for free.

I thought this was compelling enough to have its own thread.

Here are my fantasy Paul vs Ricky conditions:

• Players are mic'ed up so all trash talk is heard.
• Played at a course not traditionally used due to tournament logistics issues (out of the way, logjam holes, etc).
• Played at a course on "neutral ground" to the players.

Related to those last two, I would love to see something like this filmed at Sugaree. A) It's beautiful and has drama potential due to extreme terrain. B) Mando is super swell and fully deserves some positive exposure plus it would be an impetus to get Sugaree looking good and playable more often again. I can dream. Black Jack or Harmon Hills would be epic also.

What say you?

I'm only in if there are landmines, alligators, and booby traps involved. That and at least one hole where they have to hit a hanging basket suspended between two ramps, while riding a motorcross bike.

Otherwise, meh.

I'd watch it. Probably would pay ~10$ to see it. Just dont make it live. Rather, shoot it in a secluded yet amazing course with lots of risk/reward (pay to play private course likely) and keep the result a secret, post produce the hell out of it and then put it on Patreon for a fee.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Sockbomb vs McBeast! No holds barred cage match! Two men enter one man leaves!

I'd buy that for a dollar...

EDIT: @David Sauls would you host this?

Last edited:
I think y'all need a winter hobby. Might I suggest a nice indoor putting or dart league?

It's deeply embedded in our genes to admire and elevate men who sit atop the social dominance hierarchy in question.

And yep I still have that broken Go cart. You coming out to the Brown Park Ace Race?

And you all know Paul has ice in his veins and that spells trouble for Ricky

It's deeply embedded in our genes to admire and elevate men who sit atop the social dominance hierarchy in question.

And yep I still have that broken Go cart. You coming out to the Brown Park Ace Race?

And you all know Paul has ice in his veins and that spells trouble for Ricky

I am going to be at Brown Park on Friday. I can get that cart from you then. :thmbup:

Sounds like a plan, I will be sticking around for a 2nd round after the event. Pretty much all day party. See you there will definitely be a good time. Weather looks great too, although I'll be there regardless

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Sockbomb vs McBeast! No holds barred cage match! Two men enter one man leaves!

I'd buy that for a dollar...

EDIT: @David Sauls would you host this?

Yeah like 2-man GUTS match/Dodgeball with high speed drivers. And have the Jomez camera guy teach them disc evading moves first :clap:

I don't know what it is..Ricky is an incredible disc golfer... but jeesh....so boring to watch on coverage....why? I can't put my finger on it. Anyone else feel the same????

I don't know what it is..Ricky is an incredible disc golfer... but jeesh....so boring to watch on coverage....why? I can't put my finger on it. Anyone else feel the same????

Kind of. All good golfers are boring to watch, except when they're forced to scramble and make stuff up.

I'd watch it. Probably would pay ~10$ to see it. Just dont make it live. Rather, shoot it in a secluded yet amazing course with lots of risk/reward (pay to play private course likely) and keep the result a secret, post produce the hell out of it and then put it on Patreon for a fee.

I could see this being a thing. Although I would want live commentary to be associated. Live in a sense that the persons making the comments don't already know the result when they are talking. That way you actually have some natural drama/tension coming from their voices as the shots unfold.

Theoretically they could make it something like a live re-broadcast and get clubs to host viewing parties or something with side events. I would be much more likely to travel out for a putting league or a club meeting if I knew this was being played after and I could trash talk with friends.

Before the youtubes, Billy Crump did a similar thing in a DVD series called The Clash.

He'd take the top players (Climo, Shultz, Feldberg, Doss, etc) and put them on the best courses in the world (Flyboy, Blue Ribbon Pines, Renny Gold, etc) and they would play doubles or triples matches.

Still fun to watch if you can find them.

Before the youtubes, Billy Crump did a similar thing in a DVD series called The Clash.

He'd take the top players (Climo, Shultz, Feldberg, Doss, etc) and put them on the best courses in the world (Flyboy, Blue Ribbon Pines, Renny Gold, etc) and they would play doubles or triples matches.

I loved these, still have two of them somewhere. My favorite part was all the extra 'stuff' that found it's way into the footage. For example, I had no idea Barry Shultz couldn't tee off while someone was taking a piss in the forest nearby (Renny video).

Huge fan of the ClashDVD series! Billy was a gem and sent me a box of DVD's back in 2010 when I asked if I could use some clips from a DVD I already owned in a film school project.

I saw him a couple times at USDGC a few years ago, but haven't seen him recently. I hope he's doing well. I wonder if people would love a reboot of that kind of stuff?

Maybe UWDG could get into some alternative coverage scenarios like that...just dreaming here, but definitely interested.

Latest posts