• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McGlow Roc3

That affirms my suspicions about glow. So I've been buying up old DX Glow Rocs with the swoosh stamp. Besides the one that was a puddle top when I got it, all of the others were quite overstable for my expectations. Can't wait to cycle them in

KC and McPro are the same thing. The Grand wizard of Innova has said as much. The only thing that changes is the plastic stock.

Once they settle down and are available I will get my 5. Have for years.

I thought that innova came out and said that McPro and KC are actually different plastic blends. I still think that they are the same but I swear that innova came out and said that they are different.

We're not talking about KC and McPro. We're talking about KC Glow and McGlo(w?). They did make that distinction in the description.

I agree about KC and McPro though. While it doesn't all feel the same, I've fallen for the matte KCs (older run was yellow and newer run appears to be orange). It feels like the same firm waxy plastic the first year of McPro. In the end, the only people who really know for sure are the ones dumping the plastic into the hopper.

Last edited:
I thought that innova came out and said that McPro and KC are actually different plastic blends. I still think that they are the same but I swear that innova came out and said that they are different.

I still firmly (pun fully intended) believe that the early McPro runs (up to the 3x run) were a different bland than KC Pro. After that, the McPro got a little softer and may indeed be the same as KC Pro...

You're acting like KC Pro is one consistent plastic. It is not.

I cannot speak for others, but I have neither said nor implied that KC Pro is one consistent plastic. What I have said, and maintain, is that early McPro plastic (McBeth 3x and earlier discs) were not the same plastic as KC Pro then nor now.

Last edited:
I cannot speak for others, but I have neither said nor implied that KC Pro is one consistent plastic. What I have said, and maintain, is that early McPro plastic (McBeth 3x and earlier discs) were not the same plastic as KC Pro then nor now.

Please.

Your premise is that one batch of McPro was a totally unique blend deserving of a different name. Mine is that KC Pro has had a very broad spectrum of variation, such that you can't try to differentiate one batch of McPro as against KC Pro.

But you go on thinking what you like....

It totally makes sense that Innova created a "new" blend they wanted to call McPro, but then abandoned the idea and went back to the same variable blend(s) they've always called KC, but rebranded it. Every McPro disc I have ever seen is well within the range of variation of KC plastic. IMO. Etc.

Last edited:
Back in the day the idea was that Paul wanted a stiffer P&A vs what DX offered. The logical move was a stiffer and slightly more durable blend that is widely known as KC plastic that they already had available.

The idea that Innova made a specific formula for a plastic blend, when they are known for not paying attention to the blends they use, really doesn't make sense.

2w1wf47.jpg

Between my multi-purpose KC pro and my Marshall street flattop. Closer to the Marshall street but significantly stiffer.

Like a stiff DX.

To me these are softer and grippy then I would like to see out of McPro or KC Pro. Hopefully the grippyness changes as it gets thrown but they are more like dx to me then anything else.

As is with Rocs (and Roc3s).....different strokes for different folks. A softer, grippy McPro is something I'd like.

As is with Rocs (and Roc3s).....different strokes for different folks. A softer, grippy McPro is something I'd like.

These fly really nice and I like the grip/softness, but I think I like the stiffer mcpros (2014/15) better. The stamp is killer, the feel is good, but I am still unsure if these new mcpros will stick in the bag. I have a wide variety of rocs so these are not an unusual feel for me to throw, but when I use a mcpro it's cause I want it to be stiff.

Agreed on the lack of stiffness. Mine has a bit of waxiness as well. The flight is great...little less overstable on the back end than a standard Champ Roc3, which makes the McGlow very nice and straight while also being torque and wind resistant.

The hardness/firmness and slickness of McPro (at least earlier versions) is what I liked and what defined "McPro" plastic for me. While I understand what you're wanting and asking for, to me "softer, grippy McPro" is not even McPro at all. Dunno what it's name is or should be, but it's not McPro in my book...

Latest posts