• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

I noticed that on my blacks as well, I chalked it up to blacks in general are a tic softer. I like this softer feel, interested to see how they beat in now that you say this.

When I got my black McAviar, it felt like the normal firmness, and much like the black 3x McAviar I got last year, and at least as stiff as my Classic Warden.

However, when I took my new McAviar on the course in some very warm Georgia heat and intense sunshine, the McPro softened up some. Not too bad, but softer than the Classic Warden (which held serve, even in the heat).

As to feel, I always liked the slickness of the McAviars. When the Warden starts feeling too grippy, and I felt like it was "sticking" to my hand on throws, I would throw the McAviar and it released very cleanly.

The good news is that its going to take a lot more testing and use to get a better idea of these discs. Gosh, I'm gong to have to play all that disc golf, pauvre moi. :D

You guys answered my next question...think I'll go ahead and try out some of those Classic Judges and Wardens.

I was putting with the warden... The warden is definitely straighter, but I trust the mcpro more. Wardens were definitely more affected by wind. The slickness is taking some getting used to but I love the firmness of this last batch.

I don't know why, but I can't deal with stiff drivers/mids and I can't deal with soft putters. Most of my bag is Gstar/gummy champ or star for throwers and then a McPro Aviar for the chains.

I have enough of last year's McPros to get me through this season and then hopefully they're board stiff again next year. In the meantime I'm definitely going to audition some of those Classic putters too.

Any other firm putters I should try?

I have enough of last year's McPros to get me through this season and then hopefully they're board stiff again next year. In the meantime I'm definitely going to audition some of those Classic putters too.
Any other firm putters I should try?

Zero Hard Pure. (Zero Hard = Classic (Hard)).

Gateway Soft is anything but. Supersoft is pretty firm, too, so a Wizard or Warlock in those plastics would probably serve you well.

Fossil is where its at for stiff Wizards. It's what I wish my Mcpo felt like. I did put really well with the McAviar today. Confidence in a slick release= clean relase. Also might be throwing these mama jammas. G.L.I.D.E.....

I finally wore out my primary mcpro again, so I went to grab a new one from the stack. I was reminded again how vastly different the 2016's are than previous runs. I pulled a bunch out to find another stiff one, and I now know for sure that the last time they were nice and stiff the throw back circle stamp with no bottom stamp. The majority of this run appear to be from the classic aviar mold (grid stamp), and those after this appear to be from the p n a mold. I think the plastic may actually be about the same, but the flight plates have to be thicker on the classic or something. You can tell the type by the lettering molded in the bottom, and the lack of the second molding ring in the center on the pna molded ones. Anyway, just lamenting. I guess I will horde my old ones and stop buying multiples of the new ones until they return to the other mold. Fingers crossed!

I wouldn't mind giving these a try. My putter progress over the years has hover around this feel of disc.

SS Wizard -> KCP 12x -> KCP 10x -> KCP 11x -> Soft Wizard

I like the stiffness of the KCP plastic, but noticed they slipped coming out from time to time or they would chain out. I'd say my Soft wizard is comparable in stiffness, but has a tackier feel that grabs the chains better.

Surprised this hasn't been reported, or perhaps I missed it, but a new run of McPro Aviars are available at the Proshop. New stamp on them, as well, and they're in multiple weights.

I'm trying to like this disc. But I just can't get past the slickness. Left a couple outside this summer for a few weeks that seemed to get rid of some of it. I love the mold and use the p&a primarily, but they seem to get puddle topped fast. The classic is also very nice not as slick as the mcpro. Ah there are worse things to deal with I suppose.

Too slick for me as well. I don't mind a slightly slick putter but these didn't feel great.

I'm trying to like this disc. But I just can't get past the slickness. Left a couple outside this summer for a few weeks that seemed to get rid of some of it. I love the mold and use the p&a primarily, but they seem to get puddle topped fast. The classic is also very nice not as slick as the mcpro. Ah there are worse things to deal with I suppose.

Agree about the feel of the Classic Aviar. I have a couple pale yellows and they seem to have a slightly gritty feel to the plastic. Such a great mold too.

I bought a used pair and they are surprisingly grippy, while still being stiff.

Just not stable enough for my putting style.

Too used to BB Aviars.

Seems like this new run was mostly done in Black though there are about 30 in various colors in the 170-172 range. I wonder if these would be a wet condition alternative to my Luster P2.

I wonder if these would be a wet condition alternative to my Luster P2.

As some others said above, McPro Aviars are pretty slick. I happen to like the slickness for a good clean release in the summer, when some base plastics get a little "sticky" in my paws; however, some don't like that slickness, and I can understand.

So would they be good in wet conditions? Likely not, if you want something grippy in those conditions.

I've also read that after a little use the slickness does go away. I would be able to use the McPro as a main putter until the slickness wore off or I could artificially speed up the process.

some of the best players like hard + stiff, and sometimes slick putters.

Wysocki loved his old school rock hard slick KC Pro Aviars so much he used them even when sponsored by another company!

2013/2014 firs couple of runs McPro Aviars were very stiff and slick.

Climo.... 12x champ likes his stiff and slick older KC Pro avairs...

Latest posts