• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

Yes I think they are somewhat waxy feeling too.

If we're talking galactic swirls: my 4 pack we're all really nice discs. Waxy but with a ton of velvety texture to them too. Very stiff, similar to the really stiff ones from a few years back.

I actually find them to be a nice grippy run within the realm of mcpro. Mostly due to that awesome velvet texture. I've bought a small(to large haha) stack every season since release to compare.

All 4 have nice colors and swirls, no muddy looking messes at all.

Last edited:
Yes I think they are somewhat waxy feeling too.

If we're talking galactic swirls: my 4 pack we're all really nice discs. Waxy but with a ton of velvety texture to them too. Very stiff, similar to the really stiff ones from a few years back.

I actually find them to be a nice grippy run within the realm of mcpro. Mostly due to that awesome velvet texture. I've bought a small(to large haha) stack every season since release to compare.

This sounds exactly like some KC Pro Aviars I just got recently. Sounds to me like KC Pro and McPro plastic are the same. Do the new McPros have the mold inked on the bottom with the weight? Or is it engraved in the plastic like a lot of new Innova stuff? (e.g. new Firebirds, Teebirds, and even those KC Pros have the mold written in plastic as opposed to ink)

This sounds exactly like some KC Pro Aviars I just got recently. Sounds to me like KC Pro and McPro plastic are the same. Do the new McPros have the mold inked on the bottom with the weight? Or is it engraved in the plastic like a lot of new Innova stuff? (e.g. new Firebirds, Teebirds, and even those KC Pros have the mold written in plastic as opposed to ink)

The new Galactic McPro Aviars are embossed "MCPRO AVIAR". The only ink on the underside is the weight.

Mcpro is KC Pro, there's no difference between any of mine. I can confirm the black ones are embossed as well.

So, Mcpro plastic is notorious for breaking.

I don't remember KC breaking as much. Are new KC aviars breaking too or am I misremembering the durability of old discs?

Does McPro still have that reputation? I know the first releases cracked easily, but I haven't seen a lot of complaining in the later runs.

Does McPro still have that reputation? I know the first releases cracked easily, but I haven't seen a lot of complaining in the later runs.

I think the McPros cracking has more to do with the shape of the mild versus that of the KC mold rather than the plastic. The KC has a more square/blunt nose that perhaps takes the abuse better than the McPro shape. Although no discs are immune- I cracked a newish KC Glow last February when the temps were in the 40's.

I think the McPros cracking has more to do with the shape of the mild versus that of the KC mold rather than the plastic. The KC has a more square/blunt nose that perhaps takes the abuse better than the McPro shape. Although no discs are immune- I cracked a newish KC Glow last February when the temps were in the 40's.

From what I've come across that's consistent with the average temperature they crack at.

On the other end of the spectrum, anybody else experience these getting RFF floppy in 90 degree heat? I was really surprised by this.

Interesting theory

The galactic look is cool and all but I prefer the solid colors of last year. This year's look makes it annoying to find a few that are different enough looking from each other. My JB Roaches are getting to soft in the warmer weather so I hope the one I ordered is nice and stiff like I remember them as.

You crazies cracking your McPros must be throwing them right?

Last edited:
I had a buddy crack one of mine on a 60ish degree day tossing it into the basket from 15 to 20 feet. Caught the top of the chain assembly and split in two.

Is Innova going to keep this going under a different name?

Seemed like they sold well & I'm sure a lot of players would like to keep getting them now that Paul has moved on to Discraft.

Is Innova going to keep this going under a different name?

Seemed like they sold well & I'm sure a lot of players would like to keep getting them now that Paul has moved on to Discraft.

yes, its now the tour series aviar

True, they are being sold at the Proshop as the 'Tour Series Aviar', with profits being split among the Innova pros.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that they'd already made a run of McPro Aviars but hadn't stamped them, and after McBeth went to Discraft, Innova got this idea to move the product and give their loyal pros some money. My point is that I don't know if they'll make any more runs of 'Tour Pro Aviars' after what they've already made have been sold. So maybe someone has some info on that, or one should prepare to stock up if you use these discs.:popcorn:

True, they are being sold at the Proshop as the 'Tour Series Aviar', with profits being split among the Innova pros.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that they'd already made a run of McPro Aviars but hadn't stamped them, and after McBeth went to Discraft, Innova got this idea to move the product and give their loyal pros some money. My point is that I don't know if they'll make any more runs of 'Tour Pro Aviars' after what they've already made have been sold. So maybe someone has some info on that, or one should prepare to stock up if you use these discs.:popcorn:

No info, just speculation, but it seems incredibly silly for them to stop selling perhaps there most popular putter mold & plastic combination. Unless they want to lose even more sales to the P2.

No info, just speculation, but it seems incredibly silly for them to stop selling perhaps there most popular putter mold & plastic combination. Unless they want to lose even more sales to the P2.

It was popular in large part because of whose name was on it, and will no longer be. They can (and will) still sell KC Pro Aviars, but McPro plastic had/has the reputation of breaking. I won't be very shocked either way it goes...

It was popular in large part because of whose name was on it, and will no longer be. They can (and will) still sell KC Pro Aviars, but McPro plastic had/has the reputation of breaking. I won't be very shocked either way it goes...

mcplastic chips and splinters pieces of itself off silly.

never liked the grip either.

I am sure you are at least partially right, maybe mostly. But now that so many people use them, I don't see them all dropping it from their bags.

I am sure you are at least partially right, maybe mostly. But now that so many people use them, I don't see them all dropping it from their bags.

I agree with you that end users will keep using them, though some will pick up whatever Discraft putter MCBeast decides upon. So we'll have to see what Innova does with it.