• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3's

No need to apologize, and I did ask about McBeth's multiple sig discs. :doh:

As to McPro Roc3s, I'd like to get a few more because if it's true that McBeth is not going to be using them as much, and therefore not asking for them to be made, they may not get made. Fortunately, I also like the Star and Champ Roc3s as well as other molds in this area...
I love my champ Roc3s. If you are interested (not sure if I mentioned this already), but they do have KC Roc F2's at the pro shop. 8 bucks a pop isn't bad, I know they aren't the same but it might hold you over?

If you can't find fun playing catch with a friend/group of friends, I feel sorry for you. Some of my best disc times were spent throwing Apples, Gophers, and Zephyrs with friends.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/dx-glow-super-nova.html

Id like to know if they even sell any of these. It seems like disc golfers get on the pro shop. Not people wanting a catch disc. I might be wrong though.

This is just a guess, but if someone is near the free shipping threshold, they can put one of these in their order, and give it to their kids or something. So I'll bet they sell a few here and there.

And maybe Ultimate groups place orders from time to time?

For what it's worth, I was watching Delaveaga coverage and Paul seemed to be throwing his McPro Roc3's a lot. That could just be because the course was better suited for it but who knows. Maybe there is hope? I'm with the OP on this. I want to try one of these supposed magical discs. I accidently drunkenly bid up to $40 on one on ebay and still got outbid. Thank god, i don't need one that bad. I like my DX Roc enough.

For what it's worth, I was watching Delaveaga coverage and Paul seemed to be throwing his McPro Roc3's a lot. That could just be because the course was better suited for it but who knows. Maybe there is hope? I'm with the OP on this. I want to try one of these supposed magical discs. I accidently drunkenly bid up to $40 on one on ebay and still got outbid. Thank god, i don't need one that bad. I like my DX Roc enough.

The DX Roc3s are very good. They'd be even more awesome in "Thunderbird DX" plastic.

Having said that; yes, I'd love to see more McPro Roc3s available for purchase.

The DX Roc3s are very good. They'd be even more awesome in "Thunderbird DX" plastic.

Having said that; yes, I'd love to see more McPro Roc3s available for purchase.

For some reason, I don't recall seeing DX Roc3's at the local stores. I'll have to keep an eye out and pick one up.
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "Thunderbird DX" plastic?

For some reason, I don't recall seeing DX Roc3's at the local stores. I'll have to keep an eye out and pick one up.
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "Thunderbird DX" plastic?

A short time ago, DX Thunderbirds came out. The DX plastic in these have a bit different feel in the hand; not as slick, really grippy, nice and firm. You can check out the Thunderbird thread to hear some of the reviews.

It would be really cool if Roc3s came out in that quality of DX plastic. As to where DX Roc3s are now, I think I got mine online. Sometimes it's tough to find exactly what you want in a store.

A short time ago, DX Thunderbirds came out. The DX plastic in these have a bit different feel in the hand; not as slick, really grippy, nice and firm. You can check out the Thunderbird thread to hear some of the reviews.

It would be really cool if Roc3s came out in that quality of DX plastic. As to where DX Roc3s are now, I think I got mine online. Sometimes it's tough to find exactly what you want in a store.

Gotcha. I didn't know that. A DX Thunderbird might be fun, I'll check the threads.
Yea that sounds about right haha. I like buying discs from our local store. They do a ton for our local league. But I may have to resort to online, or there is a store in Mass that if they don't have it, it doesn't exist. Their flight chart is amazing http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/media/flightguide.html

oh dear lawd save your money!... just find a flat top KC Pro or DX roc (which are almost identical) instead.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-97566/MSt-Flat-Top-DX-Roc-12th-Run/

$6.00
http://dgustore.com/index.php/f2-flat-top-dx-roc.html

also there are many many production DX Roc3 available:

(buy two and its free shipping).
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=706

oh dear lawd save your money!... just find a flat top KC Pro or DX roc (which are almost identical) instead.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-97566/MSt-Flat-Top-DX-Roc-12th-Run/

$6.00
http://dgustore.com/index.php/f2-flat-top-dx-roc.html

also there are many many production DX Roc3 available:

(buy two and its free shipping).
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=706

Hahaha yes I agree...hence the I drunkenly did it. I woke up happy that I got outbid. It was a moment of weakness. I have a DX Roc i really like. Going to be grabbing a DX Roc3 to try out as well

With production run Dx Roc3s now, there is absolutely no reason to get gouged on McPros.

With production run Dx Roc3s now, there is absolutely no reason to get gouged on McPros.

I dont think they really compare to each other. My DX Roc3s are a softer gummy plastic and more OS than the McPros. At least the ones I have. I could see beating in a DX to get to fly like a McPro, but Im sure it will lose that sweet spot a lot faster than a McPro. Not saying the price of McPros is at all reasonable, but I think these are two totally different flights.

The only reason I'm throwing them is because I purchased several from both the 2014 and 2015 releases. They are really amazing flyers once seasoned and complement my Champ Roc3 lineup very nicely. I tried a DX, but ended up giving it to a buddy. It was a little too soft/gummy especially in the Texas sun.

Fingers crossed for a 2016 release sometime soon!

For what it's worth, I was watching Delaveaga coverage and Paul seemed to be throwing his McPro Roc3's a lot. That could just be because the course was better suited for it but who knows.
Definitely noticed this too. It seemed like the McPro's were gone from his bag for most of the early season but I guess a course like DeLa really requires something that finishes dead straight if not a bit to the right.

If anything I would say my DX Roc3 is more US to start. Flies very similar to my old McPro with some wear on it. New vs new my DX is less stable than any of my McPros from either run.

Saw this thread pop up and quickly checked the proshop. Big fan of the McRoc.

Yeah I saw Paul throwing them at the Masters Cup which means he still bags them at least some of the time. I also picked up a DX Roc3 and its beating in way too quickly, just like I knew it would. I'm just a super fan boy of the XT plastic and the super flat, wide feel of Roc3.
DX just doesn't compare in my opinion.

Yeah I saw Paul throwing them at the Masters Cup which means he still bags them at least some of the time. I also picked up a DX Roc3 and its beating in way too quickly, just like I knew it would. I'm just a super fan boy of the XT plastic and the super flat, wide feel of Roc3.
DX just doesn't compare in my opinion.
How does the XT wear in, in comparison to the DX? Slower, I take it?

In my opinion much much more slowly. My XT Aviars that I throw all the time are less beat in than my DX Aviars that I only throw for practice. Plus there is no comparison in stiffness and texture. XT > DX any day.

How does the XT wear in, in comparison to the DX? Slower, I take it?

I didn't love the XT rocs personally. I throw pretty hard and I found them to warp/taco at about the same speed as DX. I'm also not the biggest fan of the flat top mold. Its just not quite the same as the Rancho mold, whereas the roc3 mold flies pretty close to a worked in Rancho. But all this is personal preference.

Latest posts