• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Merrell Moab $40 at Cabela's Online

Literally ordered a pair of Moab Gore Tex this morning from amazon 20% off full price. lol. :doh:

You'll be happy. I've had both and the gore tex is so much better. I really like the moab low, I'm on my third pair. Also had really good customer service when I had an issue.

You try contacting Merrell? My first pair of chameleon 3's blew out on the toe kind of quick and they hooked me up with a free pair of chameleon 4's with no hassle at all. Part of the reason I keep buyin from them.

I just brought them back to REI and got some Keens instead. Those lasted a lot longer.

Had a pair of non-waterproof Merrells that also didn't last nearly as long. Just me though.

Wow, very tempting. I have a pair of Moab Mids that need to be replaced soon. I wear those boots 99% of the time I have shoes on, even at work. If these were the Mids for even $10 more, I'd have ordered already. I also have a relatively new pair of Keen mids that aren't as comfortable, but I could use for DG and hiking and get these Moab lows for general activities. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
these run true to size?

Length-wise, yes. I find them a bit narrower than other similar shoes (mostly in the toe box) so I stick with the wide ones where I don't need that in most other hikers.

Just ordered a pair on backorder. Chose in-store pickup at the new Cabelas that just opened in town to save on the $8 shipping. :thmbup:

Just ordered a pair on backorder. Chose in-store pickup at the new Cabelas that just opened in town to save on the $8 shipping. :thmbup:

I did the same thing to my local store (been open 6 months or so). I wonder how long the "backorder" process will be.

Thanks for posting Jdawg - this is a great deal! My Keens are doing fine for now but at this price, I think I'll grab a pair. Too bad there's not a similar deal on the mids. :(

FYI - this deal is on the waterproof Moabs, not the GoreTex Moabs... just so people are in the know. I don't think these will keep feet quite as dry as the GoreTex ones.

Last edited:
I guess it was too good to be true. Got this email just now:

"I am sorry to inform you that the Merrell Moab Hikers (item 813557) is no longer available and has been cancelled from your order. Since it did not ship, you were not charged. If we can be of assistance in finding an alternate item please don't hesitate to contact us. "

Oh well..... I'll have to act quicker next time. :wall:

I guess it was too good to be true. Got this email just now:

"I am sorry to inform you that the Merrell Moab Hikers (item 813557) is no longer available and has been cancelled from your order. Since it did not ship, you were not charged. If we can be of assistance in finding an alternate item please don't hesitate to contact us. "

Oh well..... I'll have to act quicker next time. :wall:

I just got the same email

i received the same email too. kinda figured it would happen, it was worth a shot!

I just called Cabela's. They basically said that I ordered too late and it was first come first serve. I'm actually not too sad, because I didn't really have the money anyway. Plus I'm pretty sure I would have had to return the shoes. I have really picky feet, and it takes me forever to find a pair of shoes that I like. Buying them unseen was a big risk.

So, whatever. It sucks that a lot of us are in the same boat. The guy said I was the second person to call tonight.

You try contacting Merrell? My first pair of chameleon 3's blew out on the toe kind of quick and they hooked me up with a free pair of chameleon 4's with no hassle at all. Part of the reason I keep buyin from them.

I think you are one of the few that got good customer service from Merrell. I stopped buying from Merrell because I blew out a pair in less than a month and they would not replace them. I had to beach a lot for them to finally replace them.

I beached a lot too and they wouldn't replace them even though the soles were almost completely apart maybe a third was still hanging on and I had them a month and a half.

I've had my keeps since last October and the soles are fine, IMO Merle has gone downhill in a big way!