• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Method for Charting Rounds

HawaiiJack

In one of the threads here (I believe) some chap posted a method for charting rounds and using the data gained over several rounds to analyze patterns in your
game for improvement. Each hole was charted rather quickly using check boxes and the like for items such as length greater or less than 320 feet, dogleg left,
right, or straight and so on. He had used the technique at a clinic and showed some players during casual rounds and they quickly picked up on the method. I
haven't been able to find his post, methods, or charts on this site or any other. Can someone post a link or show the charts and describe the method thanks? Can anyone describe their experience with this method? Is there an app that incorporates this sort of charting method?

I don't know of an app that tracks it, but I've done something similar to this with my traditional golf game for a while. I track left, right, or center of the fairway, OB or LB (lost ball), and number of putts. It helps to see at the end of the round where all those strokes have gone, and gives me some direction in my practice.

I'm thinking about doing something similar to this with my DG rounds; problem is that I'm rarely consistent enough to track any kind of pattern. What I would LOVE is to see DG scorecards that include hole maps similar to the ones on tee signs - I'd chart shot location on the hole maps with little dots or something, and compare the maps between rounds.

There is an app for ios that does that its called dgscore it hasnt been updated and would sometimes glich on me but idk if thats cuz i had an old itouch or not i havent tried on my iphone tho but it does distance elevation hole turning upshot distance putting distance number of putts and strokes and has a really cool what if part where u can say what if u hit 80% in the circle vs 70% and how much your average round score would change or u can see if u hit every fairway what ur score would do. This was very helpful to me and helped me work on what i needed to. I learned that if i got my approaches just 5 to 10 feet closer my average round went down nearly a stroke. But i also learned. That if my putting inside 50 feet was 100% i would only lose 3 strokes a round but if i hit every fairway and made those closer up shots i would lose nearly 8 strokes. But if the app doesnt work u can write itbin a notepad like my friend did

I have a bunch of the charts printed off at home somewhere, I'll see if I can find them and scan one in. Out of town right now though.

on Android, Easy Scorecard Pro can track your average score by distance, but not by dogleg. It can track fairways hit though, as well as putts and of course hole averages.

uDisc can track putts and ave. score per hole, but it don't see a statistical breakdown by distance or fairways hit.

You aren't, by chance, talking about the DGCR Scorebook feature? :confused:

I never use it, but I think it can do a lot of, if not all of, the stuff you mention.

Make sure you're logged into the main part of the site (vs. just the forum side). Under the My Dashboard Menu, click Scorebook.

on Android, Easy Scorecard Pro can track your average score by distance, but not by dogleg. It can track fairways hit though, as well as putts and of course hole averages.

uDisc can track putts and ave. score per hole, but it don't see a statistical breakdown by distance or fairways hit.

Easy scorecard pro can get pretty in depth once you start limiting into the features. Great little app.

Latest posts