• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan Disc Trip July 15-17

Anyone know of some reasonably affordable lodging near ludington? I have decided that my old back has enough of camping.

Also, it would nice to be near some bars for some bar hopping after golfing all day as well. And it appears between Mason county parks and flip that Ludington would be a good location for base camp for a day or two.

Thanks for any input.

Vikings Arms Inn has a great pool.

Because of the crazy motel costs I will camp at flip my first night (sat). I was able to get a hold of bill today and talked to him about camping their.

On Sunday I'll head up north to mason county parks for sunday play-looking forward to seeing the great lakes again..its been too long!! And hopefully find a motel on the outskirts somewhere to actually get a good nights rest sunday night. Sounds like I need to look at pentwater and manistee for non ludginton crazy tourist motel prices.

Monday is up in the air rather I want to do a repeat of flip or mason or head south to play something along the way back down to Ohio.

Since i've decided to at least camp out one night I'll be heading to walmart tonight to find a small air mattress sized to fit in a two person tent.

yeah i got a nice mosquito net pullover I should grab. And I will take one glow disc a clear DD Truth with a led light taped to the bottom.

still have my hopes on finding a descent motel room near the water and a microbrew pub for under a hundred bucks... one can dream right??

But none the less stoked about playing flip and camping in the northwoods with a cool dg course nearby..

Last edited:
Had to report back in for a quick/brief report only because I have asked others to do so.

The trip went well. Too quick and I really needed another day to actually feel like it was a vacation. Instead it was two days (minus the day and a half getting their and back) of driving and disc golfing.

I golfed only two courses flip and hickory hills. Flip was great. More of a feel good place. Not a 4 plus rated golf course in my opinion just a great place in the sticks that makes me feel good. Something about it. Definelty will be back.

Hickory was a good course. And it rated accurately at just below four. Wished I would have played mason county parks but the sun was super bright that day and thought a wooded course like Hickory would be more enjoyable.

Hoping to go back soon to play flip again and to discover some other courses.

Last edited:

Latest posts