• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eastern Michigan

PieMethod

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I'll be staying in Eastern Michigan near Au Gres. I've played Old Airport and the practice loop in Tawas.

Here's my plan for the few days I have available. I'll be at the first course each day by 6:30am, earlier if I wake up for my first alarm. While I enjoy taking a break for a joint every 6ish holes, I learned to at ready golf with Lion, so getting through an 18 hole course averages about 75 minutes, 9 hole courses are usually less than a half an hour.

I figured with the time available and where I'm located, I'd play it safe with a maximum of 90 minutes to the furthest course, and starting the furthest out each day. Each route in the gps has me driving for no more than 4:30 round trip, with each course having limited drive time between each.

I'm hoping I can play day 3 fast enough to be able to merge it with the day 4 lineup and add a few more on the last day.

Day 1
#380 Grayling Rotary - Grayling, MI
#381 Grayling Rotary: Pine Knoll - Grayling, MI
#382 Riverwalk DGC - Gladwin, MI
#383 Roscommon DGC - Houghton Lake, MI
#384 Ogemaw Hills DGC - West Branch, MI

Day 2
#385 Central Michigan University - Mt. Pleasant, MI
#386 The Ferns @ Odyssey - Mt. Pleasant, MI
#387 Chippewa Banks - Midland, MI
#388 The Jungle - Sanford, MI

Day 3
#389 Memorial Park DGC - Frankenmuth, MI
#390 Taymouth Park DGC - Burt, MI
#391 Showboat Park DGC - Chesaning, MI
#392 The Pines DGC - St. Charles, MI

Day 4
#393 Richland Park DGC - Hemlock, MI
#394 Roberts Park DGC - Saginaw, MI
#395 Wickes Woods DGC - Saginaw, MI

I'll be staying in Eastern Michigan near Au Gres. I've played Old Airport and the practice loop in Tawas.

Here's my plan for the few days I have available. I'll be at the first course each day by 6:30am, earlier if I wake up for my first alarm. While I enjoy taking a break for a joint every 6ish holes, I learned to at ready golf with Lion, so getting through an 18 hole course averages about 75 minutes, 9 hole courses are usually less than a half an hour.

I figured with the time available and where I'm located, I'd play it safe with a maximum of 90 minutes to the furthest course, and starting the furthest out each day. Each route in the gps has me driving for no more than 4:30 round trip, with each course having limited drive time between each.

I'm hoping I can play day 3 fast enough to be able to merge it with the day 4 lineup and add a few more on the last day.

Day 1
#380 Grayling Rotary - Grayling, MI
#381 Grayling Rotary: Pine Knoll - Grayling, MI
#382 Riverwalk DGC - Gladwin, MI
#383 Roscommon DGC - Houghton Lake, MI
#384 Ogemaw Hills DGC - West Branch, MI

Day 2
#385 Central Michigan University - Mt. Pleasant, MI
#386 The Ferns @ Odyssey - Mt. Pleasant, MI
#387 Chippewa Banks - Midland, MI
#388 The Jungle - Sanford, MI

Day 3
#389 Memorial Park DGC - Frankenmuth, MI
#390 Taymouth Park DGC - Burt, MI
#391 Showboat Park DGC - Chesaning, MI
#392 The Pines DGC - St. Charles, MI

Day 4
#393 Richland Park DGC - Hemlock, MI
#394 Roberts Park DGC - Saginaw, MI
#395 Wickes Woods DGC - Saginaw, MI
Sounds like a terrific trip. Grayling Rotary is a rough start to a long bagging trip. It is a beat down. Have a great time. I am going to include a thread many baggers use, to get feedback and bounce ideas around. It seems to get the input of some serious baggers.

Where are you going in 2023?

Sounds like a terrific trip. Grayling Rotary is a rough start to a long bagging trip. It is a beat down. Have a great time.
I figured if I started with what I also thought would be the toughest spot, it'd be easier the rest of the trip. Lol

I am going to include a thread many baggers use, to get feedback and bounce ideas around. It seems to get the input of some serious baggers.

Where are you going in 2023?
Hell yeah, thanks!

I've already bastardized this trip lmao.

Here's what I was able to play before getting the call that my in-laws and wife wouldn't be out on the water fishing.

#380 Memorial Park DGC - Frankenmuth, MI
#381 Roberts Park DGC - Saginaw, MI
#382 Ogemaw Hills DGC - West Branch, MI

I'll have reviews and pictures posted throughout the day.

Here's what I was able to get done today before getting the call everyone was done fishing for the day:

#383 Riverwalk DGC - Gladwin, MI
#384 Roscommon DGC - Houghton Lake, MI
#385 Grayling Rotary: Pine Knoll - Grayling, MI

I didn't get a chance to play Grayling Rotary: PDGA because there was an archery tournament taking place across portions of the course, so they had it closed for the day (fair enough, gives me something to hit on my next trip to get Gaylord and Wolverine).

Tomorrow I'll be headed out for a wedding, so no play. But Monday and Tuesday I'm planning to hit the Mount Pleasant area and round out the Northern Saginaw area.

Here's what I was able to get done today before getting the call everyone was done fishing for the day:

#383 Riverwalk DGC - Gladwin, MI
#384 Roscommon DGC - Houghton Lake, MI
#385 Grayling Rotary: Pine Knoll - Grayling, MI

I didn't get a chance to play Grayling Rotary: PDGA because there was an archery tournament taking place across portions of the course, so they had it closed for the day (fair enough, gives me something to hit on my next trip to get Gaylord and Wolverine).

Tomorrow I'll be headed out for a wedding, so no play. But Monday and Tuesday I'm planning to hit the Mount Pleasant area and round out the Northern Saginaw area.
Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing and reviewing the courses. That area is on my list.