• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to NW Michigan 2021

Got cut short by storms today.

Got the 5 hole course in Manistee. Counts as a course.

Then was able to play Green Lake DiscGolfPark and Kingsley CCS-the Bears Den. Both were really nice. Green Lake would've been cooler if the short pins were in. It was still fun playing the gold layout. We got our butts kicked but it was fun. We started the Kingsley original but the skies started turning black.

Not sure what tomorrow holds. Gotta figure that out yet.

Green Lake would've been cooler if the short pins were in. It was still fun playing the gold layout. We got our butts kicked but it was fun.
It's not always preferable to play a course or layout that's beyond your skill level, but as you said, it can still be fun. I've enjoyed having my butt handed to me by many a course.

When all is said and done: a good course is a good course.

It's not always preferable to play a course or layout that's beyond your skill level, but as you said, it can still be fun. I've enjoyed having my butt handed to me by many a course.

When all is said and done: a good course is a good course.

I've got my butt whopped for 5 days in a row now so it's same old, same old for me 😁

My legs are SOOO tired from all these hills though. I'm going to skip Hickory Hills tomorrow to save some energy for Mt. McSauba on Friday.

And so Mrs. wolf doesn't divorce me 😉

If you two get a chance, enjoy hanging out in Traverse City. It's a beautiful place. Bum around the beach, take a drive up the coast. Bummer about covid, because they have a lot of great places to eat, drink and be merry at. Wineries all up the coast and brew pubs all over the city, if you're into that sort of thing :hfive:

"Why did you skip Hiiickory........."

*future inner voice of regret*

We're supposed to gets storms up here tomorrow, which is when I was going to hit up My McSauba. So I'm going there today just in case.

And since Myles Kimmerly is closed and it looks like they may be adding a second course be at Hickory at some point, my course bagger brain identified that as a future pocket of courses to play. Along with Almira and a few other nines over there. I have a method to my madness.😁

I've reread the above three times.

Still sounds like excuses. :|

Right, like I drove all this way to take a break!!!!

My last road trip played Oggwood in the pouring rain and then drove up the the Goat Path. 2nd to last day for a 10 day beat down. So, I am strait beat, thought I was gonna be taking it easy after that, I was wrong, got coaxed into a 13 hole loop. Played the path again in the morning. Noticed I have super close to Prides Creek!! Well heck lets bag some crappy stuff on the way!!! Got to Prides Creek put 3 in the drink got one back, way bigger course than my arm was expecting at that point. Loved it none the less as I am swearing at every shot and slugging beers to dull the pain!!

Juke what about the February trip we took to Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge??
I recall we were ice skating on the teepads???

A bagger's gotta bag!!

Last edited:
We're supposed to gets storms up here tomorrow, which is when I was going to hit up My McSauba. So I'm going there today just in case.

And since Myles Kimmerly is closed and it looks like they may be adding a second course be at Hickory at some point, my course bagger brain identified that as a future pocket of courses to play. Along with Almira and a few other nines over there. I have a method to my madness.��

You also missed both courses at Wild Haven, both courses at Hanson Hills, both Boyne courses (Avalanche and Boyne Mt), Kiwanis and Blissfest as well. At least you're not missing McSauba, that would be simply unacceptable and we'd have to revoke your Michigan visitor pass.

Looks like planning a second trip will be easy.

You also missed both courses at Wild Haven, both courses at Hanson Hills, both Boyne courses (Avalanche and Boyne Mt), Kiwanis and Blissfest as well. At least you're not missing McSauba, that would be simply unacceptable and we'd have to revoke your Michigan visitor pass.

Absolutely. And you're forgetting Myles Kimmerly, River Road Sports Complex and hopefully by next year 2 Hickory Hills courses.

Yeah, still trying to get to a lot of those and I have been to the LP at least 8 times!!

Right, like I drove all this way to take a break!!!!

Juke what about the February trip we took to Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge??
I recall we were ice skating on the teepads???

A bagger's gotta bag!!

All I remember is the sketchy Indiana sushi and tallpaul mawin' down some gnarly tentacle-y thang. :D :sick: :p ;)

So again, no excuses, right! :D

Day 6 done.

Mt. McSauba
Rocky Top Farms
Snowbowl DGC
Kingsley CCS- Original

Mt. McSauba is incredible. Rocky Top Farms was solid, not spectacular. Kingsley original is pretty fun, not as good as the Bear's Den. Snowbowl or whatever it's called by Fife lake is very forgettable.

Day 6 done.

Mt. McSauba
Rocky Top Farms
Snowbowl DGC
Kingsley CCS- Original

Mt. McSauba is incredible. Rocky Top Farms was solid, not spectacular. Kingsley original is pretty fun, not as good as the Bear's Den. Snowbowl or whatever it's called by Fife lake is very forgettable.

Yeah McSauba is epic, you just have to accept the fact that navigation your first couple times out there will be a little confusing and go into it accepting that. But the holes, the lines through the woods, man, what a course. We always get up North for at least 3 to 4 days at a time and play 2 courses a day, usually mix and match courses up each time but I always make a stop at McSauba for at least 1 round, it's a mainstay.

I'd say for your next NW Michigan trip Hanson Hills, Myles Kimmerly and Hickory Hills are your 5 must play courses, everything else pencil in as you see fit.

Last edited:
I'd say for your next trip Hanson Hills, Myles Kimmerly and Hickory Hills are your 5 must play courses, everything else pencil in as you see fit.

I don't remember looking at Hanson Hills but I probably did. I looked at SO many different courses lol. Wild Haven looked interesting too.

Back to Escanaba tomorrow. I'll try to squeeze a couple in. Thinking Log Lake park and the 9 holer just north of there. If it's not storming.

I don't remember looking at Hanson Hills but I probably did. I looked at SO many different courses lol. Wild Haven looked interesting too.

Back to Escanaba tomorrow. I'll try to squeeze a couple in. Thinking Log Lake park and the 9 holer just north of there. If it's not storming.

Hanson Hills is awesome. 1 hour directly East from Traverse. 2 courses onsite. Prepare for a beating if you play the long tees on the ski hill course. The other course is a little easier on the legs. Both are a great play.

Latest posts