• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to NW Michigan 2021

Many times after a road trip one course seems to occupy my mind. Not always my favorite but still gets the most thought. Was wondering if you have any after thoughts from your road trip?

Took a road trip a few years back and hit Whiskey Hills ,Mason Beast, Flip, Burchfield and Pine Hills in Lansing. Though not my favorite Whiskey Hills is still hard to get out of my head. Not sure why... maybe that hole mid course that throws 300 plus feet up a steep steep incline. Have never thrown a hole quite like it. Had the most fun at Pine Hills in Lansing. Two 18 hole disc courses on a ball course manicured beautifully. Also riding a golf cart at the end of a long road trip is a beautiful thing. Ain't DG road trips one of life's great favors?

Took a road trip a few years back and hit Whiskey Hills ,Mason Beast, Flip, Burchfield and Pine Hills in Lansing. Though not my favorite Whiskey Hills is still hard to get out of my head. Not sure why... maybe that hole mid course that throws 300 plus feet up a steep steep incline. Have never thrown a hole quite like it. Had the most fun at Pine Hills in Lansing. Two 18 hole disc courses on a ball course manicured beautifully. Also riding a golf cart at the end of a long road trip is a beautiful thing. Ain't DG road trips one of life's great favors?

Burchfield is on my wishlist for next time I get over there. Among many others. And I know exactly what hole you're talking about at Whiskey hills. Hole 12 or so I think. Very No Boundaryesque.

Disc golf bagging trips are what I live for.

Pine Hills is my favorite disc golf course to play in the whole South East Michigan area. If you don't mind some bomber holes and turf/grass pads, you'll love it. I am biased because I do love manicured ball golf fairways and having a golf cart though.

I have not played Whiskey yet, but its on my radar. I think it gets unfavorably reviewed because of the teepads. A LOT of dgolfers are tee pad snobs because of one reason or another. A lot of them simply have bad footwork and mechanics and not having perfect pads can really exacerbate that. Not saying teepads don't matter, because they do, but I'll take a great layout with natural pads over a "good" layout with perfect cement pads any day.

I think Timber Ridge is probably our sleeper course. Unfortunately still closed down, hopefully as disc golf continues to gain momentum the onus on the park and potential money will at least have it open for a few summer months. If that happens, it is a must play. It was supposed to open for a summer month or two last year but something (Covid?) shut that down, and I assume that might have something to do with that this year as well.

Last edited:
Burchfield is on my wishlist for next time I get over there. Among many others. And I know exactly what hole you're talking about at Whiskey hills. Hole 12 or so I think. Very No Boundaryesque.

Disc golf bagging trips are what I live for.

Been a minute since I've been to Burchfield, want to get back...:thmbup:

Been a minute since I've been to Burchfield, want to get back...:thmbup:

I'm thinking about getting over there next year already. If I do I'd probably swing back home through IN and IL. We should play a round. 👍

Have fun tomorrow. I need to get back there too.

Just an update...

Pictures to follow when I get home...

Wolfy,

Just played Camden II again

:thmbup:

It is probably (OK, maybe is) my favorite woods course, hands down.

Nothing to compare at Highbridge, better then all three at IDGC.
My favorite course in IL, not really close.

Maintained by volunteers still, and seems to be getting better and better.

When I was there I had the course (played by myself and still took me 2.5 hours, not bad for an almost 58 year old...)to myself, there were probably 25-30 on Camden I.

To challenging for most of the locals apparently.

Yeah let's see some pics. That's another one I need to get to. Third time's a charm hopefully, since my first two attempts failed. I've only heard great things about it. Need to play West lake too.

The lakes at West Lake have been drained, lots of excavating going on, some holes are not playable and some that are, are not the same minus the water...

Skip West Lake and play two at Camden2

The lakes at West Lake have been drained, lots of excavating going on, some holes are not playable and some that are, are not the same minus the water...

Skip West Lake and play two at Camden2

This wouldn't be until next year, at least. But if the lakes have been drained I may have to fast track it to, oh I don't know, next week maybe. 😉

That course looks like a lost disc waiting to happen.

Where's my Camden pic's?

Just an update...

Pictures to follow when I get home...

Wolfy,

Just played Camden II again

:thmbup:

Maintained by volunteers still, and seems to be getting better and better.

When I was there I had the course (played by myself and still took me 2.5 hours, not bad for an almost 58 year old...)to myself, there were probably 25-30 on Camden I.

To challenging for most of the locals apparently.

Similar experience on my recent road trip. Made a stop here due to some reviews and talk of ravines. Maybe league was going on but everyone was over on #I so I had #II to myself. First time I have seen 10 ft x 10 ft (?) tee pads. Some really fun and extreme uphill and down hill shots. Feels really good to hit your line there with all the trees and elevation. Very fun course and definitely a destination course.

Didnt get to play #I as I had to get back on the road so I guess I have a good reason to come back and play both. :thmbup:

This wouldn't be until next year, at least. But if the lakes have been drained I may have to fast track it to, oh I don't know, next week maybe. 😉

That course looks like a lost disc waiting to happen.

Where's my Camden pic's?

Having problems with most of my pictures...:mad:

For some reason the they were actually very short videos...of really great holes...:wall:

I can't figure out how to convert them to jpgs...:confused:

I do have one though.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3674&pictureid=39550

Humble brag time...

see the top right of board?

I played really well, like -5.

Putting was better then normal, but approach game was truly solid!
Drives were pretty much (might have hit one tree early) always in the center of the fairway.

Latest posts