• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One shot at Michigan

I would highly recommend Flip, Leviathan, Beauty and Beast (still yet to play Goliath).

Personally, I would not recommend The Edge or Labyrinth to someone with limited time trying to hit the best courses - they're good, but there are courses offering more for your road trip time out there.

I would highly recommend Flip, Leviathan, Beauty and Beast (still yet to play Goliath).

Personally, I would not recommend The Edge or Labyrinth to someone with limited time trying to hit the best courses - they're good, but there are courses offering more for your road trip time out there.
Maybe it's due to ADD, but i have a very hard time visualizing 4 courses on one site that will hold my attention if played the same day...

FWIW, Leviathan isn't in the same park. Beauty is a shorter, more technical course. Beast is a little longer with a mix of open and wooded shots, and Goliath is bigger and longer than Beast with some more multi-shot holes. I loved having three good courses all in one spot without having to drive in between.

FWIW, Leviathan isn't in the same park.
Yeah, Leviathan's about 5mi / 10-15 min north of Beauty/Beast/Goliath... didn't mean to mislead anyone.
If you're really up for a challenge, play Leviathan longs.

I elected to play shorts and have no regrets... "A man's got to know his limitations." -Harry Callahan

Last edited:
Just got back from Western Michigan. Was playing the state championships up there, also my family vacations there every year to play DG.

Flip City, all three Mason County Courses and Leviathan are all must plays in my book.

The three Mason County courses all play very different, it is worth it to play all three.

I played Leviathan mids in the tournament this weekend and loved the course, the longs seem grueling though, may have to try them on a return trip.

I am not sure what kind of time frame you have, but Branstrom is worth hitting, I was not a fan of Whitehall, and don't plan to go back there with other great courses so close.

A little more North, I would say Hickory Hills is my favorite course I have ever played. Myles Kimmerly is also good, I have not hit Carly's playground, but I have only heard good things about it.