• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid Atlantic Fun Meet

KniceZ

Double Eagle Member
We're a little late getting this pulled together but we're going to continue with a modified version this year.

There's some changes at Hawk Hallow and while Biscoe is still graciously letting us play rounds we need to move the camping. But I think everyone will be happy with the change of venues. We've contacted the Blockhouse and they have agreed to open up and let us camp and play!! So if you've been wanting to play this spectacular set of courses now's your chance.

This opens up a lot of options so we're still trying to decide the exact schedule but here's the general idea:

Dates : Friday Oct 23rd through Sun Oct 25.

Friday night - set up camp at Blockhouse and play Tiki
Saturday - play rounds at Hawk Hallow and/or Blockhouse (single and/or doubles)
Saturday night - play more Tiki and camp out again.
Sunday - depending on whos still around and has an arm, more rounds at HH or BH or maybe even go to Loriella or Pratt.

If you're interested send me a PM. I"ll be sending out a more detailed message to everyone that responses as we get closer. If you've got specific ideas about where and when to play let's hear it.

There will be a fee for Blockhouse ($10 per day to play and $20 per day to camp and play) But it will be well worth it since the Blockhouse has a bathroom and showers and the Tiki is legendary. I'll also want some donations for Hawk Hallow.

This is not a sanctioned PDGA event - it's about getting together with other DGers and playing some great courses. And of course kicking back around the fire and lying about the pair of 500ft drives that almost deuced #7 at Hawk Hallow.

BTW - this is happening near Fredericksburg Va. Maybe someone would be interested in turning this into a road trip.

Haha, was just asking jrawk about this last week. As of now I will be in Vegas that weekend but if anything changes I will def. try and be there.

My daughter is going to have a little sister arriving right about that time. Otherwise, this might have been the time that I actually made it to one of these meet ups.

Have fun, everyone!

My daughter is going to have a little sister arriving right about that time. Otherwise, this might have been the time that I actually made it to one of these meet ups.

Have fun, everyone!
Hey that's great news.. Grats jim

Current thoughts:
Saturday three round Champion : Hawk Hallow am, Sunnyside & Tiki pm
Sun two round Doubles Champs : Darkside & Tiki (Double paired up based on Sat scores)

What do you think?

Fredrock is also going to have our camping trip that weekend. We've been torn between Paw Paw and the Grange. But, someone on our Facebook page said you guys were already planning something the same weekend. We haven't contacted the Grange yet but would you guys be opposed to having us there to? It would probably be 15-20 of us. It would be a great way for our club's to get to know each other!

I'll send a note to my POC at the Blockhouse and see if they have a max number of folks they'll allow. I don't have a problem with it the more the better.

See the posts above for the plan for rounds at Hawk Hallow and Blockhouse.

Looks like we're heading down to Paw Paw instead. It seems that the Frederick guys like that place better... Maybe next year will be the Grange, thanks though!

We're three weeks out - here's the final plan

Friday Oct 23rd : Camping at Blockhouse and casual rounds
Saturday Oct 24th : Blockhouse Sunnyside, Darkside and Tiki - first round singles / second round seeded doubles, Tiki singles
Sunday Oct 25th : Hawk Hallow - Singles, w/ 9 hole doubles (if anyones left)

Registration before 9:00 - Start time at 9:30 both days

Cost : $10/day to play + $10/night to camp. Money goes to Blockhouse and Hawk Hallow. This is more than last year but we'll have bathroom and full access the Blockhouse.

Event donation: Bring a disc (at least 9/10 condition) for the "Prize Pool"

Prize Pool : Saturday cumulative winner, Sunday winner, Overall cumulative winner, Tiki aces and a few CTPS.

Bring your own : Camping equipment and supplies, food and drinks (of your choice), coolers, drinks to share, camp stoves, folding chairs, tailgate-style games, DG stories, extra discs for trade or sell, etc

Remember : This is a casual event with no Divisions and is not PDGA sanctioned. Walk-ons are welcome. This is about getting DGers together, playing some great courses and having fun.

Event will happen rain or shine.

Please send a PM or call/text 540 903 9320 for more info

Latest posts