• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mike C's bag - 2019

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Been putting kickboxing on hold to get back into disc golf this spring and summer. Here's what I have bagged right now:

Putters

2x Soft Electron Ion (putts only)
Soft Neutron Proxy
Soft Neutron Particle

Mids

Beat eclipse Axis (Flies like 5/5/-1/0
Seasoned eclipse Axis (Flies like 5/4.5/-0.5/1)
Seasoned eclipse Vector (Go to mid)
Neutron Deflector (Beef)

Control drivers

Seasoned Neutron Crave (Flies like 7/6/-1/0)
Fresher Neutron Crave (Flies like 7/5/-0.5/1
Proton Insanity (Bit faster and more understable than the seasoned Crave)
Seasoned Neutron Wrath (Still plenty stable into the wind, but has more glide than fresh ones)
Seasoned SE Neutron Fireball

Distance Drivers

173g Neutron Mayhem (Go to distance disc)
175g Neutron Mayhem (Flies the same, it's just for back-up / second drives)

Obviously I have some holes, especially in the distance drivers.

I just picked up a Panic and Dimension to compare for my fast OS slot. Last year I threw the Nitro for a while, then switched to the Panic, but managed to lose all my discs from either mold.

I also need to get another understable distance mold. I will likely go with the Tenacity. I like the idea of going Panic / Mayhem / Tenacity for similar rim feel.

Lastly I plan to try out the Entropy. Might replace the Deflector or Particle, not 100% sure what my slow range OS setup will be if I like it.

There was a new Axiom mid I saw mentioned in one of the emails that sounded like it was close to the Vector in stability. I might hunt one of those down too.

Whatcha think?

I think you must've been kicked one too many times in the head. :| :D

I think you must've been kicked one too many times in the head. :| :D

Once? That's a little conservative :D

Did a bit of field work today and decided I like my new Dimension better than the Panic or Nitro. I'll hang on to the Panic as backup though, it's still a nice mold.

I'm curious to hear what happens when you try an Entropy.. It's a slug and I'm curious what you could do with it...

And how did you season an SE fireball already? You super rusty there big guy?

I'm curious to hear what happens when you try an Entropy.. It's a slug and I'm curious what you could do with it...

And how did you season an SE fireball already? You super rusty there big guy?

I've bagged the same Fireball since before they released. The one with the dragon stamp. It's still beefy with zero turn but its a later fade compared to my fresh ones.

Can't find any Entropies in stock locally that are the color / weight I want. Gonna order one or two online this week.

I figured Entropy was right up your alley.. Sooner or later.. Looking forward to seeing some Dimension video. I like that you're still using the Axis.. Have you tried the plasmas? I got a heavy one, they have a big dome... weird...

I figured Entropy was right up your alley.. Sooner or later.. Looking forward to seeing some Dimension video. I like that you're still using the Axis.. Have you tried the plasmas? I got a heavy one, they have a big dome... weird...

Haven't tried the Plasmas. I've tried a lot of plasma discs and it seems like outside of the putters they tend to come out a touch less high speed stable. Plus black rims are tough to see on my videos, so I opt for eclipse and axiom molds when possible.

I'm expecting to like the Entropy based on reviews I've read, but assuming it works well for me I'm not sure what that will do for my Particle and Deflector. We'll see.

Should have an Entropy and second Dimension by the weekend. Once I have that second Dimension I'll put a field work video together.

Well I just wrapped up some field work with some new discs thrown against my usual molds. Things ended predictably, unfortunately. I'll get to filming when it heals.

hcwSCJm.jpg

The Entropy was love at first throw. Absolutely bagging it. I'm going to have to throw a short 18 hole and really work my putters and mids to be 100% sure what my setup will be, but I'm leaning towards this:

Soft Proxy
Soft Envy
Entropy
Beat Axis
Axis
Vector

The Deflector doesn't seem to go much further than the Entropy, and Fireballs power down nicely. I like the feel of the Entropy in my hand quite a bit, more than the Deflector.

I brought out a few Soft Envy's on a whim and I'm going to go back to them. Nothing against the Particle, it's great, but I was feeling nostalgic for envy's after watching a bunch of old dg vids.

I may end up trying to go Proxy / Entropy, but with how much I work putters off the tee I'll probably keep something in between them.

My new x-out Crave is a touch more high speed stable than my fresher Crave I bagged, so I swapped those.

Loving the Dimensions. My red one is a bit beefier than my purple, so I'm bagging it for now.

Still happy with the Mayhems. Compared them to some Octanes and Teleports and they're just in that sweet spot of glide and predictability for my arm.

The Excite was interesting. Felt very fast out of my hand and has exceptional glide, but I expected a bit more high speed turn. I like it, but I'm going to have to play around with it some more to figure out the angles it likes for different lines. I expect to keep it bagged, but if things don't work out I'll go with a Tenacity as planned.

Here's what I have in my bag at the moment. Next round I shoot should confirm if this will be it.

2x Soft Ions
----------------
Soft Proxy
Soft Envy
Entropy
----------------
Beat Axis
Axis
Vector
----------------
Beat Crave
New Crave
Insanity
Wrath
Fireball
----------------
Excite
Broken in Mayhem
Fresh Mayhem
Dimension

Real excited to try out the Dimensions at Renny Gold.

Latest posts