• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium Falcon Flight Manifest 2015

Annakin SkyHyzer

Par Member
Years playing/experience: About 2 Years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right-Handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH (90/10)
Golf Distance (avg/max*): Putter (250/300) Mid (300/350) Driver (400/450)

Trying to incorporate Forehand into my game. I love Anny Roc Shots up to 330', but different line than a FH shot.
Consolidated Molds a lot, but I love having tons of discs ITB. Lost discs, water shots, tourneys always present unconventuonal situations.

Max Distance Drivers:
167 Pro Destroyer P-DS: Pure Max D
170 Star Destroyer *D: Controlled Max D

Distance Drivers
175 Star Destroyer 3 Line *DS: Overstable
175 Star Destroyer 2 Line *DS: Stable
167 Star Destrulcan 2 Line *DS: Understable
172 Champ Roadrunner: Rollers

Fairway Drivers
175 12x Champ Firebird: Super Beef
175 11x Champ Eagle-X: Regular Beef
175 11x CAL Champ Teebird: Overstable
173 11x KC Pro Teebird: Slightly Overstable
165 11x KC Pro Teebird: Stable
168 12x Champ Teebird: Slightly Understable
175 DX Teebird: Understable

Midranges
177 11x KC Pro Roc: Overstable
178 12x KC Pro Roc: Slightly Overstable
178 12x KC Pro Flat-Top Roc: Stable
177 DX Flat-Top Roc: Slightly Understable
177 ESP Comet: Understable
170 X Comet: Standstill Point and Shoot

Driving/Upshot Putters
174 Cryztal FLX Zone: Super Beef
174 ESP Glo Zone: Regular Beef
175 Soft Wizard: Stable
175 Soft Wizard: Understable

Putting Putters
172 Soft Wizard (x2)

There's plenty of newer plastics that fly just like the older stuff (new flat JL Teebirds fly nice and stable). I just love the grip and durability of 11x plastic. Like most newer players, I tried dozens of molds until I found the ones that work for me. Hours of field work later, I feel I'm comfortable with my discs and like to think I can tell subtle nuances between different runs of Teebirds and Rocs at least. Just feels better in hand, giving me more confidence in my throws. Whatever works bro!

Discs are made to fly, not sit unthrown in boxes... Collector discs aside... I'll gladly trade 4 ponies for a horse!

But.old plastic aside, any glaring gaps ITB? I guess I could use a flippy glideless turd approach disc, but my beat Wizard seems to work fine. I'm really trying to FH when I can, the Zone for approaches, especially FH Anny shots :hfive:. FH a Comet is an exercise in patience!!! The Eagle and 11x CAL TB are my go to FH off the tee, super flat and comfy. I don't even try FH Destroyers yet, definitely would mask form flaws.

You seem to have it all sorted out. No gaps unless you want to work thumbers and tomahawks in too. Your distances seem good enough to power up a fairway or dial back a distance driver for the "control driver" range. If you want to add another disc to the bag, check our a PD or Sexton Firebird to get a little more distance when it's windy and you might otherwise use the Eagle.

Quick question - What kind of bag do you use? My grip bag is stuffed to the gills with 23 discs and I don't use nearly as many midrange discs as you.

You seem to have it all sorted out. No gaps unless you want to work thumbers and tomahawks in too. Your distances seem good enough to power up a fairway or dial back a distance driver for the "control driver" range. If you want to add another disc to the bag, check our a PD or Sexton Firebird to get a little more distance when it's windy and you might otherwise use the Eagle.

Quick question - What kind of bag do you use? My grip bag is stuffed to the gills with 23 discs and I don't use nearly as many midrange discs as you.

Thanks! Working on consistency more than distance. I lost at least 50' when I stopped strongarming throws, but very slowly have been getting it back. Went back to 350' golf distance for a bit, but even now I'm not driving 400+ everyday :( Some days I can't get a Destroyer 375', but its in the fairway more often, and some days its 425 and under the basket :hfive:

I try not to throw Thumbers or Tommy's full power, but the Firechicken comes out then.. Without good form I'd rather not blow my elbow out, so distance OH shots are next on then practice list... I have a board flat pearly Orc that is an absolute pig, but I'd love to try the PD. I have Teebird abandonment issues it might be tough!

I rock the Gorilla Boy Kong on Phenix Quads. Ridiculously comfortable and surprisingly lightweight, and my 25 doesn't even max fill it! Looks brand new after hundreds of rounds. Gorilla Boy Disc Sports make fantastic bags, Simian is awesome too!

Late Season Update
Knees have been sore lately, 10 year old ACL tears both knees... Distance has dropped significantly. At least putting and FH has improved. Dropped tons of unnecessary discs.

Wizard: 225/275 Roc: 275/325 Teebird: 300/350 Tern: 350/400+

Distance Drivers:
175 Star Destroyer Pop-Top 3-Line AJ: Beefy Distance Shots
175 Champ Glow Tern: Workhorse, Stable!!!
167 Star Destroyer Flat 2 line AJ Destrulcan: Flippy, Woodsy Shots and Rollers
173 Star Orc: Seasoned, Go to FH, Slightly Understable

Fairway Drivers
175 Champ Firebird: Flat, Stupid OS, Skips and Spikes, FH Rollers
167 11x KC Teebird: Flat, Stable, Go To All Around Disc
175 Glow DX Teebird: Domey, Seasoned, Flippy Placement Shots

Midranges:
180 Champ Roc3: OS Wind Fighter
178 12x KC Roc: Seasoned, Workhorse Stable Shots With Fade
178 ESP Comet 3rd Run LE: Domey, Stable Glidy Straight Shots
178 ZSP Comet 3rd Run LE: Hyzer Flips, Slightly US Shots
175 Star Wedge: Seasoned, Super Flippy Woodsy Turnovers

Putters:
175 Crystal FLX Zone: Very OS Approaches That Stick
175 ESP Zone LE Glow: Seasoned, Fave Disc! FH, Rollers, BH Hyzer Approaches
174 Opto Pure: Driving Putter, Slight Fade Still!
175 Soft Wizard: Beat, Short Drives, Long Putts, And Anny Approaches
175 Soft Wizard(x2): Putting Putters, Very Stiff, Reliable Release

were you strong arming 450 before? Why not just stick with that? Was the accuracy that bad?

I'm a big fan of the glow tern by the way.

I was hitting 450' with semi decent form, not strong arming. I just can't brace as well as I used to, spinning out too much now.

I like the slow is smooth, smooth is far approach now... I feel I can gain the distance back with proper conditioning and patience. Maybe should only throw Speed 10 max till I can push those 400+

Latest posts