• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini DG App

Grayson

Bogey Member
Is there an App available where an organizer could basically handle of weekly mini from a mobile device?

Not much discussion on needs for this thread. A spreadsheet is fine and dandy for most functions, I agree. My question pertained more as to a mobile app something like the following:

1) Mini organizer handles app where players sign in with name, division, & current tag number
Player names would be updated to a database where they would not need to be entered for future events.
2) After completion of round, mini TD would enter player's score.
3) Once all scores are entered the app would return mini results, sorted by division with appropriate tag won.
4) Results could be shared on Facebook automatically

All on mobile device ..... takes away need for clipboard, laptop and no delay on communicating results to members.

Would you or or club use it?

We just completed and published the Pure Putt 11 putting app and are beginning the Bag Tag Buddy app. Suggestions?

That sounds cool.

Still developing the above mentioned app. Considering a limit on total number of players ... for those clubs that run weekly minis, what is you average attendance per event? Locally, ours run from 15 to 30 players on average. However, I've heard other areas expereince 50-60, even 70 or more players each week.

At some point even a mobile app would become cumbersome as a scoring tool with an abundance of players. Giving this some thought, when does a "mini" become a full blown "weekly tournament"?

I think you just answered your question. The point at which the app becomes cumbersome is the dividing line. Hopefully, the app derived division and the weekly mini participant number have commonality.

TBH I would love to see an app that did this but took it a step further. I want players to be able to keep score on their device using a scorecard app that uploads the score to said database and the TD doesn't need to enter every bodies score themselves. But still have the ability to add score for the people who don't want to use a mobile for score keeping.

Taking it further I would love to see what uDisc is doing with the live scoring but right there in the same app. So when I pass my buddy in a different group and saw that he just had +3 I can add in some trash talk for him to pick up his game :D.

I believe that this could be the future of Tournaments as well. I played in one this year that the second to last card came in and sat around a BS'd 20 min past when the last group came in. This resulted in the 45min after last card turned in to being a 55min wait. It was a long day.

can someone explain a "Mini" to me? I throw them...

is this a name for a weekly league? not trying to troll, never heard this language up here in MN

It's an ongoing series of weekly or monthly standalone unsanctioned events like a league, but more likely scheduled on weekends than weekdays but without points or finish position tracking.

Latest posts