• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minneapolis MN

Tmcalist

I am traveling from DFW (Texas) to Minneapolis for a business trip and have a day to enjoy the city. I was hoping to hit up a local play it again sports or Airborn Disc Golf Emporium to pick up one driver, mid range and putter to hold me over for the four days that I'll be in town. It's always fun picking up new/used discs from different cities. A fun way to associate different memories with the discs.

I've been playing for several years and I'm a decent player. No pro by any mean. My overall DGCR player rating is 885. So with that said, I'm hoping people can point me in the right direction of some good 9-18 hole courses to play while I am staying in downtown Minneapolis. I will have a rental car to help me get to the different courses.

So far I've looked up Bryant Lake park and it seems like I need to play that course for $5 and Fork Snelling. However, I should not play Wirth Par 3 course. I read a ton of negative reviews on that course.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

I will be in town October 3rd, a Saturday if anyone wants to play a round of two.

Based on your rating, consider playing the newly revised Acorn Park and visiting the Delta Disc store just down the road from there before playing. You could also play Lakewood Hills on that same trip. Or, consider heading out to Blue Ribbon Pines 27 with pro shop and just down the road from there is the new private Vision Quest that's open to public on weekends now. Another trip that would include a store would be heading to Everyday Disc Golf in the southeast Twin Cities and play Kaposia and The Valley near each other.

Thank you for the response. This is great information. I am excited to finally play some courses outside of my normal courses in Texas.

Based on your rating, consider playing the newly revised Acorn Park and visiting the Delta Disc store just down the road from there before playing. You could also play Lakewood Hills on that same trip. Or, consider heading out to Blue Ribbon Pines 27 with pro shop and just down the road from there is the new private Vision Quest that's open to public on weekends now. Another trip that would include a store would be heading to Everyday Disc Golf in the southeast Twin Cities and play Kaposia and The Valley near each other.

+1 If you can get to and have the time BRP and Visionquest are a great way to spend your time. Acorn and Lakewood are super as well.

Check BRP and Visionquest on Facebook for pictures.

"Fork" Snelling is not a whole lot of fun if you can't throw 400' - Yeah there's short tees, and it's not the worst thing in the world, the best thing it has going for it is the golf carts, which could be worth the stop in it's own. But as others have said, Bryant, Acorn, and BRP should be your focus if possible. Kaposia or the Valley and Oakwood are the iconic courses of the east side, and are a little more beastly than Bryant or Acorn, well worth checking out as well.

I just played Kaposia and the proshop there has a wicked end of season sale going on. I would check it out, you can play the Valley and Kaposia with one day pass. Kaposia is my favorite course in the cities.

VisionQuest isn't "open to the public" every weekend. We were just up there, and needed an invite to get in.

Play Lakewood Hills and Bryant Lake. They're both fun as all get out...Lakewood is pretty underrated. They've done a ton of work and it's a great time. Kaposia is a blast, too.

The new Acorn layout is fun, but get there EARLY. We were on the first teepad at 8am on a Saturday, and had two groups lined up behind us. Blue Ribbon Pines is fun, but it take a while to play. If you're up in that area, Ham Lake isn't a bad 18, either. Lochness is a pretty fun 12 holer that's on the way up there, as well.

VisionQuest isn't "open to the public" every weekend. We were just up there, and needed an invite to get in.
I saw a Twin Citiies post on Facebook that it would be open to public on weekends for remainder of the year.

I appreciate all of the help! If anyone wants to play tomorrow around 10:30 or 11 am, let me know! I am for sure hitting up Acorn and BRP. If I have enough day light, possibly Kaposia and/or the Valley. First I need to get some discs though.

I appreciate all of the help! If anyone wants to play tomorrow around 10:30 or 11 am, let me know! I am for sure hitting up Acorn and BRP. If I have enough day light, possibly Kaposia and/or the Valley. First I need to get some discs though.

Have fun, but for the record Acorn is like 6th (at best) in the area and I would hate for someone from another state to judge us based on it.

BRP is going to be about an hour drive (without traffic) for you if you are staying downtown. Its a great course but not one you are going to hit up after work or anything with as quick as it gets dark now.

Bryant Is awesome, so is kenwood as others have mentioned. The new layout of Acorn is pretty nice but when I was last there it needed some work still. I played Kaposia and I didn't enjoy it all too much, as I felt it was very disjointed. If you are in a time crunch and its close to dark I really enjoy Hansen in Roseville, its a 12 hole and I think 7 of them are Cone baskets, unique to this area thats for sure.

I played Lochness on September 4th and it was a 9, but a little bit of a drive for Minneapolis again.

As for a disc golf shop Gotta go Gotta Throw in Plymouth is pretty awesome.

Last edited: