• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MINT Discs - Jackalope

If they do a good stamp I'll buy one to try, great name.

Good work Stevo. I've been trying to get around to this thread but hadn't had time to do the comparison spreadsheet I usually do for new Mint discs. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what else Mint has in store. It's always a good time. Love the name for sure. I saw on the book of faces that someone said the specs were close to an explorer, don't know how true that is. Maybe a straight fairway? Leopard-Patriot? Most Alphas are noticeably more stable than that, so they could definitely coexist.

GojNRl4.png

quick sort on the pdga approved list...

Nice, that's interesting. A lot of good molds up there.

The last 4 discs remaining on a sheet I just narrowed were the Viking, Thunderbird, Spark, and Spear. Based on data, it could be anything from slightly understable to fairly overstable. Guess we'll have to wait for the scoop from Booter. :thmbup:

I was hoping Draco/Titan/CE Firebird type... I like the Dracos I'm throwing now, but would switch it out for a similar mold in Sublime (without the dome of the 3rd run Sublime Alphas)

well hello :D

im waiting on my stock samples to put together my usual review. its just to ensure that i release accurate information to the public rather than do it early and have the stock run be different.for now i will give an idea of what to expect.

its a speed 8? fairway driver to compliment the alpha, its less stable and more neutral/understable like a leopard/fd . i know many are expecting overstable fairway but that will probably be a while. for anyone who didnt like the stability of the alpha, this will be your new found love. it has ridiculous glide for a speed 8 and has been a great addition to my bag, im sure it will be well received amongst the MINT fans.

that is all for now :) thank yall for throwing MINT and giving us a chance while we take the time to produce molds worth throwing.

well hello :D
...its a speed 8? fairway driver to compliment the alpha, its less stable and more neutral/understable like a leopard/fd . it has ridiculous glide for a speed 8 and has been a great addition to my bag, im sure it will be well received amongst the MINT fans...

So then I can stop worrying about losing my 2nd run purple Apex and clear blue Spinos? This is going to be great. I look forward to some profile pics next to an FD

So then I can stop worrying about losing my 2nd run purple Apex and clear blue Spinos? This is going to be great. I look forward to some profile pics next to an FD

IMO i feel the jackalope would help alleviate some of that stress of losing the seasoned/straighter alphas we work in or pay handsomely for lol ive lost a few flippy alphas and it takes some time to get them to that spot, this is a great replacement out of the box if you can deal with a tiny bit less LSS.

id estimate the numbers to be around 8speed/5glide/-1 or -2ish turn/1 or 2ish fade. ive only tested mine but all of them seem to be fairly neutral unless thrown with some good pop but even then its a gradual drift, not roller flippy.

Well I am excited to try this one out. I already bag a freetail, mustang, bobcat, and longhorn. I would like something between the freetail and alpha this seems like it might be the ticket.

Wonder why I dont have an alpha, guess ill see if I can pick one up.

As someone who primarily throws second run Alphas because they're more suitable for my arm speed and snap, I'm pretty hyped for the mythical bunny creature to emerge. This should be pretty sick. :thmbup:

Attachments

• 216992100_2894643670752213_6005442435263435128_n.jpg
    216992100_2894643670752213_6005442435263435128_n.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 52
Ah, yeah, now this is what I like to see. Super excited!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-16-18-15-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-16-18-15-41.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 55
alright alright alright! now i hear theres some dang ol mythical beast that's come out to play and it aint no dang ol pokemon. so lets talk about this JACKALOPE!
The jackalope is a mythical animal of North American folklore described as a jackrabbit with antelope horns. The word jackalope is a portmanteau of jackrabbit and antelope. Many jackalope taxidermy mounts, including the original, are made with deer antlers... oh, yall wanted to know how it flies?
its here! and i can finally talk about it, thank yall for being so patient or impatient lol i know its been a long time coming for this bad boy and yall will soon be able to get your hands on them! a quick comparison from myself and team mates have been its similar to a leopard/fd/qjls, beat in alpha with less fade or the freetails little brother. as a long time jls and fd thrower, i find those 2 molds being accurate in comparison. if you've had trouble throwing the alpha then i cannot recommend this disc enough for you! even if you enjoy the alpha, i will still recommend this disc for you because its that easy to throw.
i may sound repetitive but this mold has turned into a work horse since i added it to the bag, its a line shaping machine in the woods! the woods are where i feel most comfortable at ever since ive started playing and not having to worry about the low speed fade or losing a precious beat in alpha has only added confidence to my game. out of the box it will appeal to many players of all ages and while you might hear some say its the freetails little brother, dont let that deter you before you try it first hand. it is understable but a slower, manageable stability that is essentially magic happening before your eyes. the glide of the jackalope is impressive, ive seen shots go further than anticipated with less effort! so if you're like myself, you let the disc do the work and when it gets to working, i feel like paying it overtime!
a while back i injured my hand and couldnt throw anything with a lot of power or with a firm grip, this disc helped me easy back into playing until i was back to 100%. the one thing i loved about the fd and jls was that they were truly neutral and could be manipulated any way with a tip of the angle and change in power. the jackalope can fly on hyzers, hyzer flips to flat, hyzer flips to flat to turn, flat to turn, sweeping anhyzers, rollers, fh flip to flat, WHATEVER. im not saying its wind resistent but if you need those shots in the woods or even the open, its possible with a little adjustment.
a few things to consider before proceeding:
my review is based on an eternal proto the team recieved and not the sublime that is coming out however, the sublime is pretty dang close and truer to the numbers while the eternal is closer to a -1 turn instead of the -2 we are leaning to. im a dominant right hand back hand player and i live in tx so please take that into consideration when reading this review since your results may vary based on your skill level and elevation. speed 8 discs are unique imo, they have potential to be a slow fairway or can go the distance for controlled shots outside of the norm.
driving:
flat shots with about 60 %power will remain straight as can be and eventually have a slow , forward penetrating fade but the fade is minimal. shots where you may want more distance than your mustang will be much easier with the jackalope but still easy to range once you get it dialed in. need a small flex shot? done. throw it on a flat line with a little more power than mentioned above and itll gradually turn over but once it starts to slow down itll gently start reeling itself back in just a bit. the flat flex shots in the woods with this beauty are probably my favorite type of shot to throw with it, its down right nasty some times. want to throw a flat shot and have it hold the turn? crank up your power and you will see a gradual turn over all the way til it gently nestles itself onto the ground
hyzer flips are a dream for this disc and if you like dreaming, well call me Aerosmith! Lets say you want to get a little more distance in your jackalope but dont want it to turn over much or at all? play with your hyzer angles and power and watch it pop up to flat and lock in on a frozen rope. the fade is minimal , sometimes non existent but the low speed stability is there when given room to show. in the woods, hyzer flips are my primary type of shot because it allows me to hit my lines more accurately and with a disc as neutral as the jackalope, i dont have to worry about over compensating for the fade. same applies for those who forehands and want to learn how to hyzerflip with a FH shot, this disc will teach you what you may have been missing.
anhyzers! most people throw anhyzers with reletive ease but those of you that dont, the jackalope will teach you. need to get around something? pop this bad boy on an anhyzer angle and watch it hold on like your favorite gf/bf thats never going to see you again. throw it higher on an anhyzer release and it will slowly flatten out but will still hold down to that direction its going, sweeping away like a maid in your dirty garage.
how about rollers? dont know how to throw a roller? come with me, walk with me, roll with me! the jackalope is a phenomenal roller , ive watched some team mates lay down some nastiness with them and because they have some good weight in the rim, they roll monstrously. this is one of the things that reminds me of the freetail, i use the freetail for rollers often but the jackalope is also very controllable, if not more so since its slower in speed. you will have to help it some with the angle but once you do, its over, you're turning pro!
final thoughts:
im not sure what else there is i can say for this disc other than im super pumped for all of you to finally get to throw one! its a work horse for myself and really flies like my seasoned sublime mustang, nearly identical except in driver form. im usually mold minimalistic and have beaten in alphas to try and fill this spot for a long time but this is a huge plus for myself alone. i can now retire some alphas that i have been scared of losing and starting the process over (its happened before!) a lot of people have wanted to like the alpha but i can see it being too overstable/stable for what they need so the jackalope will fill that void for some of you and hopefully more of you. my review is of what i have and have thrown or recieved from my team mates, the sublime will be the first to come out but sit tight and im sure the JACKALOPE will be available in more plastics when the time comes !
so did i miss anything? do you want one now more than ever? do you hate reading and feel like im pressuring you into learning about a disc that i know you'll love and cherish? hopefully not the hate part lol but i can assure you, this is a fun disc for anyone to try. thank you all for the continued support of MINT DISCS, we truly could not do this without all of you. The guys at MINT have been working hard and continue to do so to provide yall with goods and not just some random disc to make a buck. if you have any questions or anything, just holler at me and ill do my best to answer! maybe some team mates can chime in for discs i dont have experience with but rest assured, you can bet the jackalope will be a hit!

TLDR:
ever wondered how it would feel walking on top of clouds? the jackalope is taking you to cloud 9, enjoy the walk ��

Latest posts