• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MINT Discs - Jackalope

Mine arrived today, and I was out in the field within an hour.

For context: I throw Breakouts and CD2's off the tee, and I am a 250' - 275' thrower. I long ago came to the conclusion that I have an "8 speed arm" (speed 9 if something is really beat in and/or around 160g).

I had no trouble at all throwing the Jackalope flat, straight, and as far as my seasoned Breakouts. I'm not seeing any turn (yet) and the Jackalope has a little bit of fade at the end - these both may change as it breaks in.

In the meantime, it fits almost exactly between my Breakouts and my more overstable CD2's. I can't wait to try it out in some wind, and to see how it works on the course. It's in my bag, and it will be interesting to see if it bumps others out over time, just like the Mustang replaced the MD2's I had carried for several years.

So... confession - I don't throw 1st runs, and the Jackalope is the 1st disc I actually purchased on initial release... so Nope, not gonna do it.

Waiting on the 2nd release to get throwers, and I've still got 2 of those 2nd run silver gray Freetails I can't seem to fling yet.

After throwing around my Mushroomalope quite a bit it will unfortunately not make my bag... although it is a GREAT release by MINT and many players will love this disc.
The flight numbers are dead on. The plastic is beautiful. The stamp is wonderful. Glide for days.

I will def give the Apex and Eternal a try when they are released.

After throwing around my Mushroomalope quite a bit it will unfortunately not make my bag... although it is a GREAT release by MINT and many players will love this disc.
The flight numbers are dead on. The plastic is beautiful. The stamp is wonderful. Glide for days.

I will def give the Apex and Eternal a try when they are released.

Hit me up with a price on PM

Bought two Jackalopes (Sublime plastic) as soon as they were dropped.

175g for myself and a 168g for my 11-year-old son.

Straight to the point: Flies similar to a Maverick, but in the finest plastic available.

The heavier weights will fly with more late fade and the lighter ones will have more turn and less fade as expected. The flights for both are very dependable and my son and I both noticed we got further distance compared to the Maverick when we were doing field work. The one downside is that these are hard to find! After I bought the first two I ran out and bought two more once I saw they were selling out everywhere.

More S-Flight than a River, but comparable glide. More turn than an Explorer with comparable fade.

At the last tournament my son and I played at we were asked numerous times, "What disc was that?", "Hey, can I see that?", "Where did you get this?".

My best advice is to buy one or two if you can ever find them available!

I'm curious if the "Cosmic" Sublime plastic used for these Jackalope is going to be the regular production?

I personally prefer the single color for the production. Not as popular but you can buy multiples in the same color and they will fly similarly.

MVP makes quite a lot of the cosmic plasma for many runs of their discs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets used for regular runs as well.

How much longer do I have to wait for more Jackalopes????

I'm really happy for MVP and all, You gotta give me more Jackalope!

How much longer do I have to wait for more Jackalopes????

I'm really happy for MVP and all, You gotta give me more Jackalope!

Well...they are releasing a new run of Alpha very soon. The Jack's big brother. Try one of those out in the meantime

Well that sucks, stacks Jackalopes available the tourney in Texas...

but none at Mint Discs online...

no news as of yet, some delays have come up but i will update the thread with a release date once i receive that info. sorry yall! itll be real soon , and we usually give a heads up a week out at the least.

Ordered some lighter ones...

Fingers crossed that I get all what I ordered...

Got mine! :thmbup:

Love this mold. It has saved me a lot of $$ on 2nd run Alphas. :D

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    68.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    87.4 KB · Views: 25