• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

go ahead and try it, it will definitely challenge anything you have in that spot already. :D

Believe me I want one, I just made a deal with the wife, haha no more discs for some time, I stocked up on my winter discs and now already set on my summer set, The next disc I buy though will likely be an Alpha. I have these discs already FD, F5, Teebird (multiple, Teebird3, Volt, Amp (stable eclipse) so the stable fairway is a slot I kinda explored a ton already, also interested in the Infinite EXODUS - and of course the Alpha. I hear Alpha is like a Teebird3 with more glide and maybe not as OS? IS that fairly accurate? My eclipse amps seem to be about that already but definitely a flight I seek and is VERY useful. Maybe I can do a mini-tourney and get a bunch of alphas for people to use in an ace-race style like ya'll are doin' in Texas. Is that possible?

More will come! We just had to grow things properly and we'll slowly ramp up to a lot more.

I mean if it helps sell you on an Alpha, if I didn't own this company I'd be throwing this disc for sure. I threw OLFs, PDs, and QJLS. This disc covers all of that and more. The ultimate fairway driver to be powered up or down.

Do you have a feel for the 3rd run and what I can use to replace the river in my bag. I missed out on the Sublime Royal Blues which I think might be able to fit that bill, I know the purple Apex's are perfect for that straight control driver.

I need to buy more Alpha plastic :)

Do you have a feel for the 3rd run and what I can use to replace the river in my bag. I missed out on the Sublime Royal Blues which I think might be able to fit that bill, I know the purple Apex's are perfect for that straight control driver.

I need to buy more Alpha plastic :)

Not to be a buzzkill...but as far as I can tell, there may not be any that fly as straight out of the box as those 2 colors. The straight-to-flippy Alphas, while very nice in flight, are definitely outside the norm of intended flight. But trust me we love the straight ones just as much as everyone else. Those purples are crazy good.

Not to be a buzzkill...but as far as I can tell, there may not be any that fly as straight out of the box as those 2 colors. The straight-to-flippy Alphas, while very nice in flight, are definitely outside the norm of intended flight. But trust me we love the straight ones just as much as everyone else. Those purples are crazy good.

That does kill the buzz for me somewhat. I am not really a fan of the sublime plastic so I held off on getting any of the royal blues. I currently bag a 2nd run light blue, 2nd run purple, and 1st run pink. I was really hoping I could get something that would be almost flippy out of the box in the same mold. I guess I will have to stock up on purples and start a cycle. Looks like my stack of back up Alphas is going to be getting a little bit bigger.

That does kill the buzz for me somewhat. I am not really a fan of the sublime plastic so I held off on getting any of the royal blues. I currently bag a 2nd run light blue, 2nd run purple, and 1st run pink. I was really hoping I could get something that would be almost flippy out of the box in the same mold. I guess I will have to stock up on purples and start a cycle. Looks like my stack of back up Alphas is going to be getting a little bit bigger.

Yeah unfortunately it's not built to be an easy turnover disc. Most of the flippy colors were small in # and are a result of transitioning to other colors. Some runs/colors may pop out that way, like Apex purple that actually had a large stock quantity available. But the super flippy green and blue sublime from the last run are going to be rare. We call it a Power Fairway for a reason. 😎

ugg and my stoke of purples is not enough... I do understand the power fairway but much like the PDs this replaced, I am hoping to use it for the variety of shots.

ugg and my stoke of purples is not enough... I do understand the power fairway but much like the PDs this replaced, I am hoping to use it for the variety of shots.

Yeah we definitely get this. It's why we like to be so transparent in how it's marketing especially when you look at the Serial #. Just look at the popular runs of PDs and Destroyers people dig through to find the ones that cover every shot. That mentality was a big part of what formed our branding and marketing goals. It sucks because we only have one mold in limit quantities, so the great ones get hoarded.

It's still a really good run of Alphas. The plastic feels great, plus the amazing art by Manny. It fits in the Alpha lineup for those carrying multiples.

Are you taking recommendations on what mold to make next, or do you already have a plan... :popcorn:

I think we have to take them lol

It's the number one question I get asked at mini's and local events. :D

I'd love to see either:

A. Straight to fade mid (something to compete with the roc)

or

B. putter in a firm baseline that is stable enough for hyzer upshots but not too stable to be used as a main putter.

My preferences for a new mold depend on what kind of plastics it can be in. If it is the same plastics as the Alpha, then I'd choose some other driver. But, if a new stiff baseline plastic similar to Zero Hard or Gateway Soft were in the offering, then I'd rather get something like a stable putter or flat overstable mid.

Latest posts