• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

How would the Alpha compare to the Tyrant?
I rely heavily on my Tyrants but have considered adding a faster control driver lately.

It sounds like the Alpha has a larger rim than the Tyrant but isn't much faster out of the hand though.
That said, I'd love to support another DGCR label and throw Mint.

Anyone thrown both?

How about a trade? Love to support you too! Booter let me toss the Gila and I was pretty impressed. PM me if you are down :D

How would the Alpha compare to the Tyrant?
I rely heavily on my Tyrants but have considered adding a faster control driver lately.

It sounds like the Alpha has a larger rim than the Tyrant but isn't much faster out of the hand though.
That said, I'd love to support another DGCR label and throw Mint.

Anyone thrown both?

Thrown both, love both, bag both. They compliment each other perfectly...add a beat to hell Ptero or maybe a Falk type disc for true understable and all fairway/control shots completely covered.

Where the Tyrant is kind of hybrid beefy-Teebird/Banshee/Eagle-esque handfeel the Alpha is kind of hybrid Teebird/Thunderbird/Eagle...both faster and more pissed off than all of those though.

Adding these two molds to my bag this year has been the best decision for my game. Don't think, just rip these things and they both do what they were made to do every time.

Still blown away by how long my Apex Alphas are, and again that length with predictable fade coupled with the point and shoot low glide control of the Tyrant...never a reason to miss inside 350'.

So after a couple weeks with the alpha out of the bag, mostly because the grass had gotten so high losing plastic was likely. I finally put it back in the bag. Wow did I miss this disc. I usually know when a disc is awesome by how much I miss it when I don't have it. I'll say I missed this one a whole lot. My blue apex immediately became my go to.

I told myself I needed to hit the sweet spot before I moved on to my next, the blue eternal, pretty sure it's time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also how long will the bundles last? Hoping to scrimp enough to get some after rent lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20597494_1919269098289680_3305217736630480967_n.jpg

Run 2 teaser we posted on Facebook and IG

Got a 3 pack in the mail yesterday, including a nice transitional pink! I really like the feel of these, and am looking forward to hitting the course!! They feel like they would be glidier than the numbers describe.

^ i still under estimate mine sometimes after throwing it for a second shot on a **** drive off the tee. blues eternals are the best! especially broken in with less HSS

^ i still under estimate mine sometimes after throwing it for a second shot on a **** drive off the tee. blues eternals are the best! especially broken in with less HSS

Oooohhh, I don't know...Blue Apex is nasty after about a month of break in...same LSS, just a tick of turn if really cranked on and has picked up a touch more glide (evident right as it starts to fade...will fade forward just a bit more). First disc I have thrown 375'+ and actually get close to what I am aiming for (consistent <20' miss distance). Distance+control=Blue Apex (though to be fair I missed out on the Blue Eternals).

That being said, I have more outright fun throwing huge up and over hyzers with my White Apex. That monster still makes me smile every time I throw it. That flight...pure violence...so much fun.

That being said, I have more outright fun throwing huge up and over hyzers with my White Apex. That monster still makes me smile every time I throw it. That flight...pure violence...so much fun.

That right there is why I wanted to put the word POWER on it to describe the flight. That felt more important than having the ratings on it. It loves power but still flies the same with some finesse.

That Yellow Apex looks sharp! Interested to see if that dark blue is Sublime or Apex...either way good color on that one also.