• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

Today's teaser image was just a small part of a disc, but my guess is royal Lobsters are on the way. I hope so, the current Lobster is excellent and having one that would beat into an effortless turn would be awesome.

Today's teaser image was just a small part of a disc, but my guess is royal Lobsters are on the way. I hope so, the current Lobster is excellent and having one that would beat into an effortless turn would be awesome.

A beat in Lobster would challenge my Uplinks for the US mid spot in my bag...

How much turn/fade do the grackles have if we're talking about the slightly less flat ones (upper 170s)? Especially when thrown pretty hard? Looking for a very straight overall fairway as a compliment if I throw my volts 380-400 straight to fade.

What are the flight numbers of the Jackelope and Grackle?

How much turn/fade do the grackles have if we're talking about the slightly less flat ones (upper 170s)? Especially when thrown pretty hard? Looking for a very straight overall fairway as a compliment if I throw my volts 380-400 straight to fade.

I have a little less power than you but I'd say grackles are very comparable to volts. Not the super flat beefy runs of volt but more of the 8 5 -.5 2 variety. At 350' I wouldn't say my grackles really turn when thrown hard but they'll hold an anny for awhile before coming out. Mine is a 174 Sublime.

I have a little less power than you but I'd say grackles are very comparable to volts. Not the super flat beefy runs of volt but more of the 8 5 -.5 2 variety. At 350' I wouldn't say my grackles really turn when thrown hard but they'll hold an anny for awhile before coming out. Mine is a 174 Sublime.

Agreed - Grackles don't really turn for me at all (maxing out at 390-400 with a Longhorn) but they will hold a bit of anhyzer angle. Sublime may have -.25 turn, but nocturnal definitely is a 0 turn. It's fairly comparable to a nice overstable teebird imo

What are the flight numbers of the Jackelope and Grackle?

Jackalope is roughly 8/5/-2.5/1

Grackle is more like a 7/5/-0.25/2

Agreed - Grackles don't really turn for me at all (maxing out at 390-400 with a Longhorn) but they will hold a bit of anhyzer angle. Sublime may have -.25 turn, but nocturnal definitely is a 0 turn. It's fairly comparable to a nice overstable teebird imo

Jackalope is roughly 8/5/-2.5/1

Grackle is more like a 7/5/-0.25/2

That explains my struggles with the Grackle

He also had a pretty cool preview of a few upcoming molds, which was a nice addition to the end.

Yeah! That was cool. Based on what he said about the fairway, and the fact that we already have the Jackalope, I'm hoping that fairway is a freetail-esque speed 6-7. Need more flippy Mint discs. To be fair, most of their molds beat in very well. :thmbup:

It looks like the names (or at least working names, as with the "Mystery Box" they ended up changing it to Lobster) are going to be UFO, Taco, Salamander and Lasso.

Yeah! That was cool. Based on what he said about the fairway, and the fact that we already have the Jackalope, I'm hoping that fairway is a freetail-esque speed 6-7. Need more flippy Mint discs. To be fair, most of their molds beat in very well. :thmbup:

It looks like the names (or at least working names, as with the "Mystery Box" they ended up changing it to Lobster) are going to be UFO, Taco, Salamander and Lasso.

Leopard like flight in the tasty MVP plastics??? Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Leopard like flight in the tasty MVP plastics??? Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Holey moley, I'd sell my second cousin for Leopards in sublime. :D

Somebody on the book of Faces claimed they threw it and compared it to a relay, which is 6/5/-2/1. I was half asleep and I can't find the post now. But that definitely sounds tasty.

Last edited:
Looks like we're actually getting Sublime Lobsters! Tomorrow on mint.com and next week for retailers. I had guessed royal because of the tone/sheen of the plastic in the "teaser" image, but it must have just been the lighting. Still should be a cool release. I already have a small stack of apex lobsters, but I still think I'll have to grab a couple. :)

I'd like to try a lobster but really doubt I have room in my bag for them with the comets I carry.

I'd like to try a lobster but really doubt I have room in my bag for them with the comets I carry.

Yeah you'll definitely have overlap if you bag multiple comets in varying stability. I also didn't love the hand feel of the lobster. Flight was nice if I released it how I wanted but I rarely did cause of how it felt in my hand.

i got a couple longhorns in swirly apex. I really dont like swirly apex, its too slick and hard. IMO regular apex has a nice grip and slightly more flexible. It just seems to add stability and affects glide. Ive had a few really good drives but i'd really like to try a regular apex longhorn. i guess i shoulda got a glow version

i got a couple longhorns in swirly apex. I really dont like swirly apex, its too slick and hard. IMO regular apex has a nice grip and slightly more flexible. It just seems to add stability and affects glide. Ive had a few really good drives but i'd really like to try a regular apex longhorn. i guess i shoulda got a glow version

I'm loving my nocturnal Longhorn for forehand. It's definitely a tick more HSS than my 1st run Apex.

anyone know if the bullet has an equivalent among mvp or the other brands they manufacture?

i really like the mold, great throwing putter, but i god mine used in black(mason ford) and its only a matter of time before i lose it. Dont know if i should buy 2-3 because Mint stock comes and goes or if there is an mvp equivalent so i dont have to worry as much

The Thought Space Praxis is the same. I believe the Jester Discs Love is the same mold as well.

Latest posts