• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mirage

I still bag it for utility understable approaches but use it pretty rarely. If I had any FH at all I'd get rid of it.

Same here, though it works well when I do use it. I basically took it out of my bag because I was using it so rarely. And yes, I need to develop a better forehand...

I have a pocket FH, at least enough to go as far as my mids BH, but I am currently now bagging both a protostar and DX mirage.

Such a unique disc - like a wedge with glide. My next purchase is going to be to pick up a slow mid to act as a faster, stable/understable mirage.

I have a pocket FH, at least enough to go as far as my mids BH, but I am currently now bagging both a protostar and DX mirage.

Such a unique disc - like a wedge with glide. My next purchase is going to be to pick up a slow mid to act as a faster, stable/understable mirage.

Actually bump, can someone suggest a faster mirage? I am looking for something that feels similar in the hand and flies neutral to understable.

It looks like the V-rimmed innova molds appear pretty similar, but some of them seem too pointy like a driver, and I think maybe the Vroc is a tad too stable to really compare to the mirage at all.

I'm willing to look at other companies' mids but it would seem most of them have the convex lower wing.

Had these discs to use for teaching kids disc golf, and I have to say, possibly the best kids disc of all time. Slim profile, shallow rim, understable and slow with incredible glide.

For regular players, great for sky annys, short rollers, stall shots. So much fun to throw.

Had these discs to use for teaching kids disc golf, and I have to say, possibly the best kids disc of all time. Slim profile, shallow rim, understable and slow with incredible glide.

For regular players, great for sky annys, short rollers, stall shots. So much fun to throw.

I'd taken my Mirage out of my bag because I wasn't using it much and was working with other discs. But the Mirage is reliable for a turnover uphill shot that I was not throwing as well with other discs. So I'm working with it again, and once again liking its positive qualities.

One thing I would like for the Mirage to do is be a longer range putter with tailwinds. Something like the way Nate Sexton throws his Dart (or Aero?) on long putts. So far, that hasn't worked out so well, but I'm having fun trying...

Actually bump, can someone suggest a faster mirage? I am looking for something that feels similar in the hand and flies neutral to understable.

Probably a Manta.

Manta is a good suggestion!

I, a 2 months into disc golf newbie, find the Manta to fly a little more straight than the Mirage-at least judging from my first day out with the Mirage. I've been throwing the Manta for 2 months.

Now take this with a grain of salt, but I would say the Stratus flies a lot like a longer Mirage.

I was just getting ready to post my great like for the Mirage after my round today because it flew like a shorter version of my Stratus that I love. Being a RHBH only player both of these disc really help me an amazing amount when I need that right turn. The Mirage, Stratus, and well beaten Leopard are my 1-2-3 punch when I need something straight with a right finish...although the Leo is straighter than the other two (thinking of trying a Glide for a fwd that matches the flights of the Mirage and Stratus).

Good luck!

TripleB

Last edited:
These are great for kids, like a tiny baby Stingray.

I can hardly keep it in the air, but the kids and slower arms can use this well.

Who would like a Champion Mirage? Yes I know the SOL is available in Z/Champion however I feel the SOL is even a faster mold.

I need a more stable Mirage and absolutely nobody makes a disc I want. Another option a max weight Ruby maybe? I have not tried one since they are only made in light weights.

Who would like a Champion Mirage? Yes I know the SOL is available in Z/Champion however I feel the SOL is even a faster mold.

I need a more stable Mirage and absolutely nobody makes a disc I want. Another option a max weight Ruby maybe? I have not tried one since they are only made in light weights.

The most OS plastic from Innova is Star so you would want that G-Star ends up like Pro. I have seen that disc in person in the G-Star. If you need more stable then that, Try a Dart in its many plastics, as that is the closest mold to a Mirage.

Since the thread has been revitalized, I thought I might as well gloat about how good a utility disc the Star Mirage is, especially if you don't have a forehand.

First and foremost, it's a forehand cheater disc. You can underpower it and watch it turnover almost as consistently as an overstable approach would fade naturally. Great for mimicking a forehand for anything within 200 feet.

If you got a super narrow gap or want zero fade, you can throw it at like 10% power to pure that gap and have it stay straight.

I also tend to use it for outside the circle puts, and I'm able to stick with my hyzer loft putting style, but the extra glide and understability assures the disc doesn't hyzer out too soon.

It does all this goodness while having the durability of star plastic to boot, so you the disc will maintain its flight for a long time.

try the RPM TUI. . it´s more stable than the Mirage and is the only disc on the market that feels like the Mirage in the hand

try the RPM TUI. . it´s more stable than the Mirage and is the only disc on the market that feels like the Mirage in the hand

Thanks. I thought the only one was the Dart. I knew that the Dart was close but not really that close as the Dart has a deeper wing to that of the Mirage as Mirage is more midrange like then even the Wedge shape of rim.

I need a more stable Mirage and absolutely nobody makes a disc I want.

When I was looking for a driving putter, I auditioned the Stud for awhile. I really liked it in XT, but it just wasn't as stable as I wanted (although much more so than a Mirage).

The "slow" discs I always carry is a Star Mirage, XT Bullfrog and R-Pro Rhyno. Although basic, together they do just about everything I need.

It's shallow? I had not thrown that one but I did see it listed on Infinite so I was a bit curious, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I will look into one and hope that Innova at the same time runs some Champ Mirages too.

When I was looking for a driving putter, I auditioned the Stud for awhile. I really liked it in XT, but it just wasn't as stable as I wanted (although much more so than a Mirage).

The "slow" discs I always carry is a Star Mirage, XT Bullfrog and R-Pro Rhyno. Although basic, together they do just about everything I need.

I love the feel and flight of Bullfrogs and Rhynos myself, Rhynos haven't thrown in years. I putt and throw Bullfrogs, overstable I switch between a Suspect, A4 and Tomb oh and of course a Justice too. All interchangeable pretty much with slight differences.

I wonder if I can find a domey STIFFER Star Mirage and if that would make it more stable like most discs. Usually domey equals less flip. The only Mirages I have found have been a bit softer Star or DX, I got both. Stiff Champ and domey would be ideal I think. Just like Opto X Fuses.

The most OS plastic from Innova is Star so you would want that G-Star ends up like Pro. I have seen that disc in person in the G-Star. If you need more stable then that, Try a Dart in its many plastics, as that is the closest mold to a Mirage.

Star can SOMETIMES come out more stabel but usually less stable in my experience. Look at Leopards, Teebirds, Destroyers, Wraiths. Champ is almost always the most stable/beefy.

Thundies are a minor exception. I have thrown a Dart before, I think their is a big gap between my Darts and Mirages. Darts are very straight while the Mirage is super Flippy. The flight numbers themselves from Innova are I believe 3/4/0/0 and of course the Mirage is 3/4/-3/0. Big difference. My real world experince jives with those numbers as well.

I love the feel and flight of Bullfrogs and Rhynos myself, Rhynos haven't thrown in years. I putt and throw Bullfrogs, overstable I switch between a Suspect, A4 and Tomb oh and of course a Justice too. All interchangeable pretty much with slight differences.

I've been wanting to try a Tomb for awhile...I just keep forgetting to add it to my list when I order.

How heavy is the Mirage you throw now? I have my Stars in 168, but Infinite has them up to 175. The Wedge matches the Mirage but with noticeably more fade. I carried a Star Wedge for awhile until the Mirage kicked it out. I only carry 9, so I have to pick carefully.

I've been wanting to try a Tomb for awhile...I just keep forgetting to add it to my list when I order.

How heavy is the Mirage you throw now? I have my Stars in 168, but Infinite has them up to 175. The Wedge matches the Mirage but with noticeably more fade. I carried a Star Wedge for awhile until the Mirage kicked it out. I only carry 9, so I have to pick carefully.

171 and 172 Mirages. Star and DX. I have a 175 Wedge in Star too. Still a bit too understable. I have a Z SOL but it's too straight. Though I love it as well. Maybe an AR SOL could work too. I'd just have to find a nice used one I guess. Maybe the Tui.

The Tomb is my favorite in Champ and DX, Cline and Dline probably, forget what they call them. I do love throwing the Bullfrog though too.I like that stiff XT plastic. Maybe I can beat one in just enough to get the right flip. My current ones are too straight.

It's shallow? I had not thrown that one but I did see it listed on Infinite so I was a bit curious, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I will look into one and hope that Innova at the same time runs some Champ Mirages too.

Yes it has that "odd" shallow grip that the Mirage has.. the Tui is US but not as US as the Mirage.
But the Tui IS the slightly more stable Mirage. . i think i have tryed every US mid and putter on the market and nothing feels exaktly like the Mirage, , but the Tui is close

Latest posts