• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

I've had 4 chain hits, 1 basket hit and 1 ace in the last 5 weeks...that's better than a touch a week! Sweet!

I have too many! I have hit dead center 3 times now and had it spit out.

Hit the chains to the left or right tons of times to have it just blow through.

Basket and metal hits up the wazoo.....makes me sad.

the latest was at Debusk ( 9 hole course ) on hole 8, threw my havoc and landed on top of the basket only to have it bounce off and land 2 feet away. It was a sad day.

Been playing since FEB so I am not too heartbroken that I have not hit an ace yet, but my buddy started at the same time as me and already has 3........luck of the draw.

I played a putter round from the shorts at a local 9-holer today and had my anode skip off the top of the basket. Six inches left and it likely would have stuck for my second ace. Oh well, there weren't any witnesses, and I ended up two putting for par. :doh:

Lucky enough to have 3 aces, but not without my fair share of metal hits. Way too many to count over 4 years. The 2 most memorable that come to mind are hole 18 A position at Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis with a Champ Panther. About 265 or 270, little gap to hit, but pretty much a dead straight shot, little left hand turn but not too much. Hit dead center and just came right back out. Second one was in the second round of a tourney at Cliff Drive in KCMO, hole 11 but my 17th hole. I was only a few stroke off the lead, threw my Champ Eagle right at it, scraped chain on the right side but didn't stick. Might have come close to winning, but I was more upset I missed what would have been my first tourney ace. That thrill of hitting that ace is so addicting, keeps me coming back for more.

Today I threw a gator at a 200' hole and it was going pretty fast in and I knew it would skip up and either hit the chains or skip way far away. It hit the flipping yellow band of the basket. It was the third time I have hit the basket off my drive. Twice in the past 2 weeks.

One day..

My son and I managed 3 metal hits in one round the other day on Pueblo City Park's short tees. My son nailed chains dead center on #6 with his Roc, only to have it fall off the side. I nailed the pole right below the basket on #13 and then banged off the side of the basket on #15.

still have no recorded aces, had one spit out of chains on a short anhyzer putter hole last week, then Ofcourse my most frustrating near ace
ae56d99f.jpg

Last edited:
Skipped off the right rim of the basket this morning on hole 1, 237' at Limona Park with a classic roc....That was veryyyy exciting for a few seconds....

Last edited:
Hole #11 at Black Bear Park. A 267' anny, downhill over a pond. I was with some buddies that I hardly play with anymore.

I was telling them how much I like throwing my Buzzz, and how I just got an ace with a different Buzzz the week before. Really getting into it. I threw, and NAILED the top of the cage with good force. The disc shot down to the ground and just sat there.

I really, really wanted it since I had just got done talking about my previous Buzzz ace. Ah well!

Same thing happened to me yesterday those chasity belts just slap your discs away there and I can't count how many times if it the basket on 12 there.

1st hole at settlers park in Meridian, ID. 230 ft. straight hole with a few low hanging branches over the fairway. 1st throw of the round, a little hyzer flip with a star mako, straight for the chains, hit high in the chains and spit out. Went on to play a very mediocre round.

I chained out on a hole at Edmund Orgill park, less than a minute later, a friend of mine nails chains and it stuck. Come on. Why can't we have two in a row??

Played Winton Woods today with a friend. In six rounds, I hit five metals, and he hit eight. That doesn't count the, at least, ten "butt pucker" runs we made that didn't hit anything. It really is just a matter of time.

I have yet to hit an Ace, but have hit chains one way or another 7 or 8 times at the main course me and my friends play at. Hell on the first hole while throwing some warmup shots with a variety of discs, i hit the chains with 4 of my first 7 shots, nothing stuck. I'm cursed.

Earlier this summer, a friend of mine who rarely disc golfs decided to come out and throw a round with me. We were playing Riverbends Park in Shelby Twp MI. The second hole is a short downhill shot that finish to the right. It is almost an ally shot because of the trees surrounding the fairway. Anyway, I pull out my flick and give a thumber a try, throw my shot, flips perfectly thru the fairway, lands on edge and bounces directly thru the chains. I hold my arms up and ask if it stuck, my friend was sure, we walked down to the basket and my disc was about 15-20 past the basket.

I'm playing at Ambient in Lakewood, WA. with Lou who is a local pro. He is playing for the first time in about 6 months having just got out of a walking cast. So # 6 is 345', flat and open across grass. Lou standing flat footed, raises his front foot and throws a fore hand shot that hits the chains dead center and flies right on through. Three guys are standing about 50' away getting ready to tee off on # 7. Their mouths just kinda drop open in amazement!

I am still yet to get an ace.

Drilled the basket yesterday on hole 3 at South Mountain with my Buzzz. Felt great, but still no ace.

Basket is out in the sun, 270' hole.

d7368ec9.jpg

That's three times I've hit something from basket to chain hangers, all high enough to go it, but am still empty handed. Yarg.

I whacked basket twice in the same day this past weekend. Once with my firebird and the other with my hornet that snuck around the backside of a huge pine tree and smacked the basket, Utter dissapointment. To make matters worse, I blasted the top ring of an innova discatcher basket earlier in the week on a 320' downhill shot that I have had many other close calls on. Lately I have had so many close shots it's crazy. I dont wan't to jinx it but I know I have an ace coming my way in the near future.

Latest posts