• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mob Golf, Dirty Dollars, Skins, and other side bets/games.

TheStray

Birdie Member
Does anyone know the rules and types of side-bets commonly used in disc golf such as?:

Mob Golf
Shootouts
Safari
Skins Matches

Bets:
Dirty Dollars

I'm trying to look for things that would be interesting to do with our league ni between league seasons. I want to incorporate glow rounds and I think it would be fun to play in a mob style and offer side-bets in the formats of Dirty Dollars or 51. Just looking for info on what other people do.

Does anyone know the rules and types of side-bets commonly used in disc golf such as?:

Mob GolfA bunch of people on one card AKA supergroup
ShootoutsNo idea.
SafariMaking your own holes with the course IE 1 tee to 4 basket
Skins MatchesEach hole is worth one point.

Bets:
515 for an ace, 1 for metal
Dirty DollarsNo idea

I'm trying to look for things that would be interesting to do with our league ni between league seasons. I want to incorporate glow rounds and I think it would be fun to play in a mob style and offer side-bets in the formats of Dirty Dollars or 51. Just looking for info on what other people do.
Best I can help ya with.

Dirties: everyone who wants in (optional) throws down a dollar on the teepad BEFORE people start throwing. Whoever is CTP collects the dollars, but we play that you have to validate, ie you have to make the putt for 2. With a mob this is tons of fun.

I usually play 521, with $2 given for running the chains.

Yeah but do you have to put a dollar in some ongoing pot or does everyone there just pay you $5 if you ace or $2 for chains or $1 for metal?

This is the crew we have in SE Michigan:

Yeah I play with you guys all the time at TADGA events but only at tournaments so we don't get to see all the cool things your leagues do. We're like an hour away form any decent league scene so we're trying to grow our own. We just got a full 18 this year.

Someone who's actually played the game will have to chime in, but I think for dirty dollars, everyone who wants into the pot puts in a dollar and takes a tee shot on each hole (this is why in the video they say everyone gets in on the short hole).

Then whomever on the hole was closest to the pin on a particular hole has to execute a birdie putt to collect the money. If they make it, the pot is theirs, if they miss, it carries over to the next hole.

Shootouts: My experience which was one time and it was a load of fun to watch as I was spectating after the first hole was this:

14 people were selected by how they performed in the tournament from earlier that day. Some people were raffled in last years winner was invited and the top positions for pro were allowed to play. A special course was set up using temporary baskets and 7 people started on hole 1, and another 7 people started on another hole. After each hole 1 person would be eliminated. Usually birdeis were safe and advanced to the next hole. In some cases everyone else would get a 3 and then all the threes would throw from that same tee again. The person that was furthest from the basket was eliminated. Once there were 3 people from each group the groups were combined and played another hole in the same format until there were just two people left. The last hole was played and the least amount of strokes between those two people took home the grand prize. I think it was around $600. It was pretty intense because the course was a park where three rivers converged and About $200 was riding on the last hole.

Dots is a game we play alot here with 5 overall. Whoever is ctp every hole, if they make their bird they get a dollar. No pushes and if they miss the putt nothing

Just the other night there were three of us playing so we played a 3 way match for $5 each. To get a point you had to outright beat both other guys. Like skins but without the push. Ties are a wash so the scoring is tight

We play Dirrrrrtys almost every league night, in addition to 5/1 ($5 for ace $1 for metal (cage and up
)) Recently we have started playing a game called Quarter sack (Tarzan) and it's been requested to play ever since we started.

Rules to Tarzan.
1) Before game starts players must announce who is playing in side game.
2) ON YOUR DRIVE ONLY, if you hit a tree or a limb large enough to change/effect the flight of your drive you put a quarter into the sack. (At this point the crowd will typically shout "QUARTER!!" to announce you award winning drive)
3) CTP on hole 9 (or pre-determined hole) for the sack of quarters. There is no need to validate as in dirrrtys. Just flat out CTP wins the loot.

Links:
http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/24_Chains_2008
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/24-Chains-DG/121912481181480

Anybody ever play wolf?

You can play with 3 or more, but 4 is usually the best. You have a certain order, 1234. Player 1 throws his shot on the first hole and if he thinks he can beat all 3 other players playing best shot, he calls wolf. Each hole is worth one point, but if wolf is called, the point value doubles. If the wolf player ties with the group, the points are pushed, and the next hole would be worth 3.

If the first player decides that his drive is not good enough to beat everyone else, he let's 2-4 throw. After each player throws, he has the choice to make them his partner for the hole. After the next player throws, he cannot pick a previous player. Player 1 and the player he picks play best shot on the hole, as do the other two. Whoever wins the hole gets the points, but they are not doubled.

Each hole, the order rotates. For example, on hole two, the order would be 2341. Then 3412, etc. Person with the most points at the end of the round wins

It probably sounds confusing on here but it is really easy and fun to play once the concept is grasped

We usually play wolf with a 5-some. So it's either 2 on 3 or 1 on 4 depending on how the lead player calls it. We also do an option for "blind wolf" which you have to call before you even throw to take your own drive, go 1 on 4. If you win the hole going blind wolf it's worth 4 points. Oh, and we don't do carryovers with wolf.

We'll have to get a Hudson Mills local to post the rules for "Jingles".. (paging Joe Wander)? That is a weekly game dating back to waayyy longer than I have been playing.

51 is more of an ongong game. you only have to play once you have taken money. most people wait for an ace to join but I know people who will not take the money because they dont want to pay out. i must say it has been a losing endeavor for myself. I think i have paid out much more than I have collected. seems everytime I ace noone playing with me plays 51.

Latest posts