• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Monster or Firebird???

I've thrown both Star Monster and Star Firebird sidearm and thumber/tommy. The Firebird is much more predictable and longer then the Monster for me. Now if you want a overstable pig go with the Monster and if you want a controlable overstable disc go with a Firebird. Me I carry 2 Firebirds. A max weight Star for sidearm/thumber/tommy shots and 165 Champ for backhand shots. The only other overstable disc I carry is a Star Whippet and I use it for sidearm upshots and thumbers.

They're similar enough that I would just go with the one that is most comfortable in your hand, the monster has a wider rim.

Although ive been throwing a Z-predator for the last month and am liking it better than the firebird or monster :).

Firebird for everything,Flicks,Skips,Hyzer around trees,Tommys, Forehand Rollers, and best of all Thumbers.

Firebirds are the Chit

Beetard said:
Anyone care to give me a comparison of stability and length of these discs relative to each other?

Whippet-What you get now is the Whippet X, which is an overstable pig companion to a Gazelle.
Viper-Big diameter, slow overstable driver with a nice glide. Not quite piggishly overstable, but close. If you have a strong arm you can get a predictable flight and fade from them. You might fall asleep waiting for it to get there. Back in the 90's the Viper was THE ubiquitous distance disc.
Banshee-Less stable and faster than a Whippet. Good disc for forehand and sidearm shots, good overstable disc for folks who don't have enough arm to control a Pred or a Fire Chicken.
Ram-It's a round lawn dart. Piggish overstable x 2. Unless you have a cannon it is of no use whatsoever (unless you really need a disc that goes about 200 ft and wwwaaayyy over to the left.)
Pegasus-It was like a faster Gazelle. With the Banshee, TeeBird and Eagle around there is really no need for it.

Latest posts