• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More useful in this bag

suprnva

Par Member
If a bag had the following molds in it already, which would you add to it and why? XL or Drone?

Surge
Predator
XS
Xpress
Buzzz
Challenger

Drone. Seems as if you have several drivers in the list already. This would add more capability in the mid range. Headwinds, sharp left turns (RHBH) and right turns (RHFH) Can also through it on an anny and have it come back for nice tight "s" shots. The Buzzz has you covered for the straight shots and the gentle hyzers and annys, but the Drone is a nice compliment.

I'd get the Drone. I use it for headwinds, hook shots, trick shots, skips, and when I want to limit my distance on holes with OB behind baskets.

I'd add the XL and and Drop the XS and Xpress. The XL can do what those two do, but better, ans you can easily use the pred for drone type shots.

I'd go with the drone unless you are really having problems overpowering the XS (in which case having the Xpress would make even less sense). The XL is basically the same as the XS with a bit of added high speed stability.

the xl is slower then the XS, I use the xs for drives that are too long for my xl, the xl is an awesome anny and fairway disc however, I would say that a drone might be a good addition, you have a good putter, some decent fairway drivers, and some max d drivers your only missing a stable mid.

Based on your expierence, IMHO a xl will do more for you than a drone. The xl is a versitile driver ghat goes further with less effort. I prefer z, but it is available in every plastic, at a different stability. This will be your workhorse driver. Straight, left, or right, It can do it. The drone is great in wind,short hooks, and skips. It's a great disc to have just not as important. If your gonna be a disc slore and buy a xl and a mid, I'd recomend a wasp before a drone.

If It was MY bag I would add in the XL. But it's NOT my bag. Looking at your discs you appear to have or at least think you have, a pretty decent arm. Better than mine, but I'm not jealous :)

If that's true, you want the Drone, because you're looking for more options on your midrange shots. That's what you're really lacking.

If it were ME I would take the XL because it would be a very maneuverable driver, I have one in Elite X in my bag right now.

\/\/

I would say Drone only because I hate the XL that I had, but listening to some of you, I have been wondering if I just had a funky XL.

I'd add the XL and and Drop the XS and Xpress. The XL can do what those two do, but better, ans you can easily use the pred for drone type shots.
This. If you want something more overstable than the Buzzz that can do things that would be difficult with the Pred I'd go for a Z Wasp over the Drone.

I like both of the discs you are thinking about adding. The XL is a great stable driver that you has very little fade. I like is much more than my XS.

But if you're looking for one or the other I would have to say the Drone. I don't know what I would do without that disc most rounds. I can get over trees/bushes with a hyzer spike, it allows me to hyzer around obstacles because it is so overstable, it's great it the wind, and because mine is FLX plastic I get little to no bounce, which is a fantastic quality for me in an approach disc.

So I would suggest taking out the XS and putting in the XL and Drone, but if you want only one, then the Drone for sure.

It's funny that everyone is so against the XS and the Xpress. The XS is probably my most versatile disc. That disc can hyzer, anhyzer, go straight for tunnels, stay low for canopies, and fly 300ft without much effort. The Xpress is a great roller disc (something I just started trying out) and awesome for really tight tunnel shots. It's also my get-out-of-trouble disc. I guess since they aren't used very often most people don't see the benefits of having them in a bag.

I ended up going with the Drone. I really didn't see any benefit to having an XL in my bag since it seems that everything it does is already covered whereas the Drone can find a place pretty easy next to the Buzzz. I also don't think it would have been a good idea to pass up the LE Elite Z '09 World's stamp Drones that I was being offered. lol.

I might still pick up an XL and do some side by side comparisons with the XS, but my love for the XS runs deep so it would be hard to replace it. lol.

if it is working for you then you should keep it. Discs do different things in different hands.

Drone, you have enough drivers, you could use an overstable mid though

im thinking the XL would not overlap too much with your XS... shots that the XS couldnt do that your XL can could probably be covered by your Surge.

Drone would add more shots to your bag: hard left approaches, forehand approaches, quick up and downs. You could probably cover these with your predator, but the drone wouldnt skip as much.

Replace the XS and Xpress with both.

do this and just add both
Xpress are bad discs IMO

This. If you want something more overstable than the Buzzz that can do things that would be difficult with the Pred I'd go for a Z Wasp over the Drone.

These. The XL can easily be used for anything the XS or Xpress do. Not that the XS is bad, but the XL is nearly identical, just a little more HSS. At the very least, just don't carry the XS and XL...they're almost identical.

Latest posts