• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mosquito deterrent

Nothing wrong with sounding like a hippie. They tend to have good values. Western culture is conditioned to think that they need synthetic garbage when in fact the natural remedies can be more effective, cheaper, safer for your body and the environment, etc. My main issue with the hippie way is alot of them don't care about hygiene. It could be argued that we were tricked into bathing each day in very recent history by companies that profited off of our conformity(look at Europeans, they are just now "catching on" to hygiene), but I don't want stinky armpits and bugs crawling in my hair so I like to believe it is part of evolving.

I think you are confusing hippies and kids that don't have a job.

I have found the little vampires bother me much worse when there is too much blood in my alcohol system.

I have found the little vampires bother me much worse when there is too much blood in my alcohol system.

This is true, I am predominantly Irish and German, and when I drink, I get left alone ROFL. They must not like thick booze blood, eh? Also, body hair is a good mosquito deterrent.

I've found that Tide is an effective mosquito detergent. I add a quarter cup of bleach to brighten them and then line dry them. You never want to run mosquitoes thru a dryer because they are prone to wrinkles.

Absorbine is intended as a topical pain relief product so happy bonus for wherever I put it. It also works really well for after-bite relief.

For after-bite relief, you could always go with ...

4422461060.jpg

Deet Coatings on clothing

While I was in the USMC the BDU's or cammies were sent to be treated with DEET. Which i believe helps.
I also carry Deep woods repellent since its works in my area well(norcal). If you do get bit make sure to grab some of the after bite stuff.

Also as a side note you can use Off Deep Woods to clean your headlights! I am not kidding! Just put it on a rag and wipe it on.

Also as a side note you can use Off Deep Woods to clean your headlights! I am not kidding! Just put it on a rag and wipe it on.

Given that I've seen deet melt through a watch face, this seems like a really bad plan to me...

Kids without a job have good values or don't shower? Or my perception of hippie is off?:confused:

All the hippies I know have families and jobs now. I was only speculating whom you were talking about. Unwashed kids with dreads, smoking someones medical are not hippies.

I did read that body odor attracted the little buggers, though.....I mean mosquitoes, not hippies.