• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Annoying Sound Ever on a DGC

I will admit thought that listening to someone tune their pipes is akin to listening to a cat get sodomized by a particularly well endowed horse.

I just gotta ask...how in the he77 do you know how a cat getting sodomized by a well endowed horse sounds?

:p

The sound of a strong drive hitting a tree 10 ft away.

Fixed that for ya.

My biggest one is the music. I love music. I listen to it all week at work and at home. One of the things I love about disc golf is getting out in nature.

Nature does not include P. Diddy, Justin Beiber, and definitely not Kids Bop. I hate music while I'm trying to play.

All this talk of bagpipes reminds me of Prescott's first tourney. It was on the same day as the Highland games, which included a bagpipe comp. that took place in and around the course. There were tables set up all over the course where judges sat on one side and a bagpiper stood and played on the other. At first I thought someone had hit one of the Canadian geese with their drive it was so crazy sounding. It was just someone 'tuning' up their bagpipes. Not the worst sound on the course by any means. That would be for me the sound of my disc hitting the closest tree off the box.

If I ever ran into Fran Drescher on the disc golf course, I'd go find another course. Maybe even a new hobby.

The ducks that laugh when you hit a tree at my local park. Sometimes before it even happens.

Cicadas. I hate them because it is always hot and humid as balls when they start up. Combination of the two is just like that dumb and dumber bit "wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" except you are super uncomfortable and dripping sweat.

when I play the IDGC in the summer. this is all you hear. its like white noise. I love it.

Music. It's as distracting to me as people talking during your drive. I just don't like it...put on headphones if you really NEED the music that bad. I don't even want to hear the Dead on the course, and I love the Dead. I'm not that good, and I need every bit of concentration I can muster up.

What I do love is nature. Especially during the fall, there's not much that compares to an early morning (7am) solo round, with nobody else on the course. It's literally one of my favorite things in life. The sounds of nature around you (on the right course, of course), and nothing else....is really a beautiful thing. I find myself just sitting for minutes at the beginning of a hole soaking it in.

kids in their cars blaring the dirtiest rap music they can think of and revving up their cars on the pavement during turns or whatever, trying to be some kind of wannabe tough sh*t on the block, thinking they own the place.

damn kids get off my lawn. get with the times, pops :D

damn kids get off my lawn. get with the times, pops :D

forget that lol. Its distracting, rude, and just plain ridiculous. What's worse is when they come up to the course to FIGHT. It's annoying, and all the other people at the park get pissed off at them, but kids do that right?

Latest posts