• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Annoying Sound Ever on a DGC

During a quick 9 hole round this past summer, I came across a guy by himself in a gazebo with an electric guitar and amp playing death metal with volume at full blast. It was a sunday afternoon in a beautiful city park.
That sounds like a promising day on the course to me ;)

During a quick 9 hole round this past summer, I came across a guy by himself in a gazebo with an electric guitar and amp playing death metal with volume at full blast. It was a sunday afternoon in a beautiful city park.

Death metal in a beautiful park full of happy folk? Brutal....This would be hilarious to see on the course for a change.

Well that's the most annoying sound everywhere. There's nothing funnier than the sissy accountant on his Harley trying to convince everyone he's a badass. I love the South Park episode about Harley people.

Strait pipe Harley Davidsons . and there need to rev up when they see people ,, look at me everybody , no need for anything to be that loud . Other bikes with more horsepower are no where that loud. Oh and I love bagpipes probably because my mom was from England so we always went to the Scottish festival .

I hate modified exhaust Harleys. My dad had a Harley and everytime someone asked if he was gonna put pipes on it he was like wtf for. I loved that he left it stock. Harleys are not obnoxiously loud from the factory. I lived in a town that was a biker hangout town, not the whiny geek weekend warrior bikers, real 1% mean, ugly mofo bikers. I finally had to move. Between the sound of the bikes, random stabbings and shootings, random gunfire it just got to be too much. Town of 8000 people in northwestern Wisconsin should not have those type of problems.

I'm flipping around the channels and stopped on a ball golf tournament. While one guy was lining up a putt you could clearly hear someone in the background say something like: "Can you shut your cell phone off? I'm trying to play some golf here."

I just about spit my drink on the laptop! That was awesome! :D

I hate modified exhaust Harleys. My dad had a Harley and everytime someone asked if he was gonna put pipes on it he was like wtf for. I loved that he left it stock. Harleys are not obnoxiously loud from the factory. I lived in a town that was a biker hangout town, not the whiny geek weekend warrior bikers, real 1% mean, ugly mofo bikers. I finally had to move. Between the sound of the bikes, random stabbings and shootings, random gunfire it just got to be too much. Town of 8000 people in northwestern Wisconsin should not have those type of problems.

Sounds like Black River Falls.

People screaming about how their drive/upshot/putt sucked. Yeah it probably did suck, but doesn't merit you acting like a 4 year old and kicking your bag/stomping your foot etc.

People screaming about how their drive/upshot/putt sucked. Yeah it probably did suck, but doesn't merit you acting like a 4 year old and kicking your bag/stomping your foot etc.

Could I kick your bag instead? No way I'm kicking MY Grip...

Most annoying sound on a DG course?

Someone's pity.

I'd rather not listen to music while playing but i have a buddy i occassionally play with who listens to music during our rounds and after a while i'm able to just block it out. What does bother me is the large group of bros and their skanks who are drinking cheap beer and burning dirt. Usually a group of 8 to 10 who share their four wide rimmed drivers and who whoot and holler after every single throw. That pisses me off.

^ Because the purity of the sport is what brought us all together:D We all started somewhere, and of the 8 people 1 or 2 may actually play and help the sport. The reason most of us get to play in the first place is that it is open to everyone.

I enjoy the large groups most of the time, they are entertaining, and eventually one of them throws it in the muck and I get to play through. I kinda miss the enthusiasm that came when I first started playing and a 10 foot putt was a big deal.

Music is a touchy issue, I don't give a rip, if a song is going to make me miss my putt then it probably has nothing to do with the putt. If your consentration is that thrown by a rhythmic sound, I feel sorry for your ol' lady. We ain't all pro's here, and if my music on a casual round bothers you, I apologize, let me play through, chances are you are one of those guys that takes 90 seconds on a putt anyway and I'm tired of waiting for your geritol to kick in:D

One of the things that I love about this sport is that we accept everyone (not on DGCR of course, we are fascist on this site), but the sounds that come with this game are what separate us, frogs, bagpipes, crazy Indian cricket players, softball teams, and random bums shouting at their malt liquor are all part and parcel with what we have.

Tournament and major league play I leave my speakers at home, if someone in the group even rolls an eye brow I'll leave them in the car, but if you are playing up on me enough that you can hear my tune's then your etiquette is what is truly in question.

^^ You have to remember that it's not music they're objecting to, it's anyone's music other than theirs. Personally I feel this is reasonable. If some jerkoff was blaring twangy country across the whole course it would significantly diminish my enjoyment of the game as well, which is why I only use my speaker when the course isn't crowded and turn it way down or silence it as I approach other groups(or park users in general). I also keep headphones in my bag for when the course IS crowded or some moron doesn't understand that they only need to play their music at a level for their own enjoyment.

Latest posts