• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most cost effective method for shipping 3+ discs.

Connor Jones

International Hair Champion
Gold level trusted reviewer
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I always have to end up shipping in a box that's way too big and it's a waste of cash.

priority. I would go to usps.com and order some "regional rate" boxes. they will save you some money over shipping flat rate for sure. Or, if they aren't super pricey discs, go to the post office and grab some flat rate "bags"...

FWIW, the regional rate boxes have been great for shipping and they're free. just order them through usps.com and they ship directly to your house :)

the padded flat rate priority bubble mailers are free from the usps website and you can fit 3 drivers in one. they're like 5.30 to ship or something along those lines. if it's 4-5 i usually use one of the priority mailing boxes. don't get suckered into the medium flat rate, the regular priority boxes are a touch smaller and usually run anywhere from like 6-9 bucks depending on how heavy and where it's going. i usually stick each disc into it's own priority flat rate envelope, seal it up, and just drop those into one of the boxes...don't need bubble wrap or anything that way.

i used flat rate padded envelopes, which are $5.30 to ship each, but free packaging. I use cardboard from other boxes i've saved over the years as a stiff support for the disc in the envelope. Works good i think. Wish i could find a cheaper price than $5.30 though.

edit: Same stuff as dehaas, nice.

Technically, the absolute cheapest way is to duct tape multiple discs together and put a sticker with the address on it on the outermost one. Your recipients might not be pleased and it's less secure, but the post office does not require things to be in boxes or envelopes to ship. This is legit - I tested it when I was a kid by mailing my cousin an old shoe. They made me remove the laces but once proper postage was on it the shoe made it to it's destination!

Technically, the absolute cheapest way is to duct tape multiple discs together and put a sticker with the address on it on the outermost one. Your recipients might not be pleased and it's less secure, but the post office does not require things to be in boxes or envelopes to ship. This is legit - I tested it when I was a kid by mailing my cousin an old shoe. They made me remove the laces but once proper postage was on it the shoe made it to it's destination!

This is technically correct. Shipping of three discs, wrapped secure with packaging paper and taped will ship from $5.30-$8.00 priority depending on zone/distance from you and overall weight.

I just use a 9 x 12 Manila Envelope to ship 1 disc. After you put the disc in the envelope fold over the excess and wrap with packaging tape. Costs between $2.60 and $3.00 to ship 1st class mail.

I can't see how I could force myself to leave someone positive feedback if they sent me duct tape wrapped discs... :\

They'd be LUCKY to get neutral.

I was sent a disc or two wrapped inside a brown paper grocery sack. Thought it was pretty ingenious, myself. They arrived unharmed.

I can't see how I could force myself to leave someone positive feedback if they sent me duct tape wrapped discs... :\

They'd be LUCKY to get neutral.

i received something sent in paper and scotch tape. wish i took a picture:thmbdown:

I was sent a disc or two wrapped inside a brown paper grocery sack. Thought it was pretty ingenious, myself. They arrived unharmed.

i've got the same thing!! twice from two different people...i didn't mind the plastic was unharmed and i got a laugh out of it....one of of them was from a regional grocery store with a pretty cool logo...then this disc was inside of a plastic bag with the same logo....:D

i've got the same thing!! twice from two different people...i didn't mind the plastic was unharmed and i got a laugh out of it....one of of them was from a regional grocery store with a pretty cool logo...then this disc was inside of a plastic bag with the same logo....:D

I'd never like to see the method used to send a 10/10 or collector level disc, but for a couple of throwers, I don't see the harm at all.

a certain seller (who will remain nameless) shipped me a disc wrapped in newspaper and shipping tape. luckily the disc was unharmed but damn man.

Latest posts