• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most creative/useful/favorite player pack goodie

What would you like to get in a player's pack?

• Tourney stamp disc(s) - just plastic

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Disc + Mini Clipboard + Scorecard

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Disc + Steel Water Bottle

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Disc + custom Pint Glass

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Disc + Handwarmers + sharpie

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Disc + Custom Koozie

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Disc + Mini

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Disc + Custom stamp Towel

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Disc + Pencils + Sticker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Disc + Iron on Patch

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Nothing at all

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other: Please describe in thread

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters

rj29274

Double Eagle Member
Please post your ideas/suggestions here. I don't want to take too much away from the payout, so nothing too costly.

The Open entry is 45 and Am is 35 and Rec 25 - every player will be getting a disc.

Here are a few of mine: (aside from the regular mini, sticker, towel. . .)

drywall sponge (great for sanding dx plastic)
sharpie
custom pint glass
Snickers bar (just thought of this now)
mini bottle of hot sauce
laminate scorecard

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers

Dri fit shirts are cool...towels are nice...really like your idea of the printed sunglasses and id love a laminated scorecard.

Small clipboard for scorecards
Magnetic bottle opener mini (Innova makes some really cool ones)
Custom Coozie
Fine grit sanding block (great for sanding champion-type plastic)

Here's all I can think of now... If I come up with any more I'll post

^^^Love me some patches too!

A copy of the newest edition Rules of Disc Golf . This can't be that expensive and, Lord knows, MANY players need to read them. :doh: Guarantee, this will be a rave choice.

Last edited:
Favorites:
Laminated Scorecard.
Plastic Scorecard Clipboard (cheaper than you might think
DG Stickers
Coupons
Samples (sauce, really anything, and you can usually get it free)
Towels, very cheap
Custom hats (a little on the pricey side, but visors are usually much cheaper)

please provide links to any and all suggestions - the event will have 72 players with no cap on Am or Open. I am thinking of ordering stuff for the first 45-50 that sign up. Everyone will still get plastic.

Again, I dont want to take away too much from payout, so think about the 2-5 dollar range

Sunscreen
Birdie Bags
If I knew it was going to be a rainy tournament, I'd be thrilled for a gallon-size bag and a couple of sandwich bags.

Dri-fits, t-shirt, other apparel, or even a towel. I have enough discs as it is and unless you're handing out Vibrams, I wouldn't be interested in a disc anyways. I do understand that apparel, especially dri-fits, are a logistical nightmare for TDs but I sure do like them.

The mini clipboard is really great, I got one years ago in a player's pack with an innova sticker with it <not on it>. Really liked it. Also towels are nice, or a shammy.

Custom Engraved Pint Glass or Stainless Steel Water Bottle? The Glass is about 2.50 each and the Steel Bottle is about 4.50. Which is a better call, the glass for cheap or spend of a few more on the bottle?

I selected a few options, but a 1L or 32oz Aluminum water bottle would be my first choice.
Id' even be fine with Nalgene, as long as it holds 32 oz and has a mouth big enough to accommodate ice cubes.

Mini clipboards and/or a tournament patch custom made for your tournament. I bought my mini clipboard at walmart for $1.50 for an acrylic, the regular press board one's were about $1.25.

One more idea, what about a custom tournament bag tag. paragon disc golf can even make bag tags and they also sell clipboards, their pricing may be different than walmart.

funny.

leaning toward getting sunscreen and a sweet custom pint glass. the sunscreen will come in handy at 10000ft, even in October.

The Issue with Players Packs...not everyone walks away truly happy with what they got. Not everyone likes Dri-Fit shirts, "x" brand disc, etc. However, a voucher for the tourny store is perfect, they get what they want. No players pack, even better, higher payout. Custom stamped towels are always sweet too, would like to see this more often again.

Latest posts