• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Embarrassing Disc Golf Story

Old_Fella

I've seen the thread about most embarrassing injury, but this is different.

What is your most embarrassing disc golf story?

Nothing is off-limits.

Shank your disc so bad you just left it where it was? tell us the story!

Lose a stupid bet to a friend? let's hear it!

Park a 400ft hole off the tee only to have a raccoon run off with your disc? Tell us about it!

Okay go!

I'll go first.

I was practicing driving my putters. I just bought a new stack of KC Aviars and was going to work on my form. I was in a nice field on the south shore of Lake Mille Lacs. Nothing but green and the lake about 200 feet to my right.

It was late morning, and I set up about 300ft from my target. Warmed up. Got loose, and prepared to get in some practice.

Step. Step. Cross-step. Reach back. Twist and HOLY FRICK'N CRAP!

I griplocked the damn thing and threw a crazy huge hyzer nearly 100 feet off shore into the lake.

I was so pissed. My family was watching and I was embarrassed as hell because other vacationers were watching too.

Worst of all, my 8-year-old son says loudly, "Dad!!? Why did you throw your disc in the lake?" Drawing everyone's attention to my severely, miss-thrown disk.

I looked for that damn disk for an entire week. The only solace I have is that some fatty walleye is likely playing some damn good disc golf with my putter.

UGH! :wall:

Soooo I had ordered a few discs online and my wife questioned if I really needed more discs (like you can have to many) anyway so we live way out in the country where you cant see any neighbors and the house is over 100 yards from the road. We have a carport that if standing inside you cant see anything but woods so it is hidden from the road.

Well one morning my wife gets a call on her cell phone like at 8am. We were still in bed (day off). Reception isn't that great in the house because of being so far out in the country but it is good in the carport. My wife not thinking jumps up and runs into the carport in her drawers and tee shirt. So she is talking and she hears a noise and turns around and the mailman is standing there holding two packages with the discs I ordered cause they wouldn't fit in the mailbox. Needless to say she is still ot impressed with the Big Z Buzzz I ordered. :D

This story isn't embarrassing for me per se but I was embarrassed for my buddy. We were in a Wedding in Biloxi so we decided to play Hiller on some down time. We got to 10 and he decided to crank it as hard as he could. It took a very high hyzer line and went into the boat dock parking lot about 400 ft. from the tee:clap:. ON the next hole, he threw into the water on the left. Neither of us had a retriever so I found a branch, but it wasnt quite long enough. He tied his strap to this branch. While trying to throw it out to the disc, he let go of both the branch and the strap. He had to get wet to get both his strap and disc :clap:

I don't know if it's the most embarrassing, but it's close. I was playing a solo round and happened upon this group looking for a lost disc. They were wandering across the fairway like a pack of drunken toddlers. I was staring at them, waiting for the signal that I could play through, but they weren't acknowledging me. Finally I call out "Hey, you guys mind if I play through?" They looked at each other, waiting for a leader to emerge and make the decision for them. After much confusion, one of them meekly called out "Uh, okay." I took a deep breath, focused on the line I wanted to hit and promptly shanked my drive into the same patch of thorns and thick rough where they were standing. I just walked back to my car and went to a different course.

I was practicing in our campground, there's a big field right behind my camper. Anyway only been playing a month or so and was practicing pulling across my chest more. Well I rip one out of my hand but goes dead left, I thought WOW! that's the first time I ever felt one rip out of my hand, I must need to tighten my grip so it will go straight. Of course the next one goes dead right like behind me and smacked my neighbors camper hard.

They came running out and I had to tell them what happened. At least it didn't hurt anything on their camper, and now I step much closer to the field heh heh.

I hit a car my first year playing. DX Wraith I found, turned over hard and went straight towards a road. #17 at Arboretum.

I got lucky though, it just skipped on the road and hit the bottom of the guys car. He was completely cool about it too.

not really embarrassing, but when I was playing last winter, I threw a drive side arm some yarn taped to the disc. IT cut up my finger and I had to get a bandaid and tape to finish the round.

I was playing yesterday at Stafford Woods in NJ. We get to hole 5 (this is the second time around the course) and I proceed to tee off. I take, one step, two steps, x step and without even noticing where my food landed (at the very end of the box) I proceed to heal pivot right off the box. I threw that disc straight up in the air on an anny. I go tumbling off the box and proceed to tuck and roll on the grass. Everyone in the group is laughing hysterically and one guy goes, "where in the hell did the disc go?" I got up off the ground, started laughing before the disc even came crashing down to the ground. Good thing for me, the disc still got out 350' and easy upshot for par. To be honest, I fall off the tee box at least once a year.

^I did something like that but less dramtic. Just kind of slipped off and had a bad throw, my buddy then does the same thing and throws into a tree. WE didn't slip off any other tee, must of just been that one.

Took a 4 with the stroke for OB water... screen name's a f***ing lie. :|

... guess that means the avatar's a bunch of crap, too.

Damn you for revealing the complete sham my life's become sugarnot! :mad:

Last edited:
To be honest, I fall off the tee box at least once a year.

There was a stretch of like 5 months where I went off the teebox 3 times. One was elevated, during a (casual) tourney.

Only thing I hurt was my pride. :|

Luckily that lil' problem seems to have cleared itself up.

I started playing with an upset stomach. By hole 7 I was sweating beads and sitting before every tee shot afraid that my x-step would lead to disaster.

By hole 9 I was already scouting places to drop trough in case of emergency.

then hole 10 came and I couldn't hold it no longer and I ran to the thick bushes about 100ft away (thank you sweet and merciful disc golf gods for providing me with a very thick forested local course to play) and I relieved myself.

I walked gingerly straight to my car afterwards. The bad part was that hole 10 was almost 1.5miles away from the parking lot.

So a few weeks ago, some buddies and I drove up to Gallatin, TN to play Triple Creek. When we got to #10, we were slowed up by a group of maybe 6 or 7 guys that had just started. We basically all drove #11, and they let us finish up and play through.

When we started to #13, one of the guys yelled, "13's back this way!" Right then I remembered that the course had been changed, and two of my favorite holes had been retired. When we got up to the 13 tee box, the #12 box is right next to it, and one of the guys came over and began to explain where the new holes were.

I interrupted him with something to the tune of
"Yeah I remember now. I had forgotten they screwed the back 9 all up."
To which he replied, "I actually headed up the redesign."

It's hard to back pedal with your foot in your mouth.

Latest posts